Things you hate at gigs

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

chocobebear
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:16 pm

yeah, breaking heads...
breaking sticks...
and sticks slipping from hands...
everybody hate these :(
LET YOUR DRUMS DO THE TALKING
PDP9000
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:28 pm

1.When anyone other then my 2 drum techs touch my cymbals ETC
2.when people come on the stage and touch my stuff
3.when my sticks break or i lose sticks when i play fast
4.people throwing stuff on stage
5.and the one i hate the most sound guys that are horrible when it comes to sound
DGFITZ
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:02 am

[quote="fullmetaldrummer87"]Man, I could write a list from here to Gibraltar. (No pun intended, heh, if any of you caught the "gibraltar" part)

Sound guys bitching about my click pad It's my sound, I like it, and it cuts through and you can hear every stroke. Not my fault that you don't like the sound or your PA can't handle it. I want my kick drum to be heard and clear, not a big rumble when I take off into double bass patterns.
[b]

The sound men do not like click pads because they screw up drivers and really make the sound suck out front. Add double
bass rolls, and those click pads that you really do not need definitely will blow out not only drivers but also tweeters. Things
get real expensive in a hurry just for your "sound". I would not bitch though, I would just turn you off, and tell you to bring
your own PA system, and leave. Most drummers understand the problem with click pads for PA's, and will adjust accordingly,
seems like it's time for you to do the same. I'm not a union guy, so I can and will be your worst nightmare if you treat me that
way. Why don't you just buy your own sound, it's just money?
Music is my living, writing music is my soul.
Charlie
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:44 pm

plai-gretsch wrote:I have a whole lot of other peeves, but a final one, is the venues that don't care about the bands, most people go to a venue to see a band perform and drink... so the venue only has half of the reason people are there, yet they treat bands like crap, and often pay bare minimum.. only problem is.. so many bands want a chance to play.. they can get away with it =(

say no more. that's what get's my goat.

and I like breaking sticks live, it is just cool looking. Of course, I'm not a complicated player so it doesn't mess up my mojo...