All Mapex!

Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, DW, Ludwig, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

AJanikowski
new
new

Post Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:53 pm

One of my Best Friends Rick Brothers has the Mapex Kit of my dreams....He calls it the " Country Gone Crazy" kit. He used it on tour with Gretchen Wilson
Check out his myspace or his website...

http://www.myspace.com/RickBrothers
-OR-
http://www.RICKBROTHERS.COM
Animal
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:55 am

No offence, but isn't the Mapax drums a little "cheap"? :oops:

I might be full of prejustice here, but I have a clear opinion that the Mapex's is a bit like "Tama Swing Star" some 25 years ago.

Please tell me more about the Mapex Qualities! Anyone?
ImageImageImage
drummer101
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:18 am

Are you comparing a particular Mapex model or just all of them to a Swingstar? lol Ive never played a swingstar and i own a Mapex M birch myself but basically Ive heard nothing but good or great things about Mapex kits recently.
drumdug
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:55 am

The Mapex VX series is in the same category as the Tama Swingstar. I've owned both and prefer the Mapex VX, myself. Mapex has numerous series of sets to compare with all the other top brands. Orion, Saturn, Pro M, M birch, VX, QR and Q. The Q and the QR series being the "entry level" sets. VX and M birch the intermediate and the Orion, Saturn and Pro M are the Professional/advanced sets. I would put these sets up against any Pearl, Tama, Ludwig, etc. Mapex is obviously a newer drum company but they are climbing the charts in popularity and quality.
Animal
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:32 am

Thanks for feedback, both of you.
I agree Mapex is a "new" drum factory, and I remember back in the seventees when most of the Tama drums were also regarded as no good. And look what happened to them.

I was NOT taking the piss out of Mapex, it's just that they are not very common drums to play in my native country, so I was curious what the opinion was about the drums.

Thanks again! :D
ImageImageImage
devilspain
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:11 am

mapex are comign very popular nowdays. years go back in the 80's they werent regarded as good kits and werent very popular but over the last 5 years they have improved everything pretty much now producing decent kits. and there are alot of pro/amature drummers that use them. plus they good value for money, the Mbirch kit is a decent kit but at such a resonalbe price your talking about £500 incl hardware which ill be honest i dont like. but go for the bit more expensive Pro m kits and your getting a professional good sounding kit for £ 640. and if your wanting real quality try the orion kits for £800 + and your getting a super kit. there are loads of different drum makes alot of them do the job.