Zildjian or Sabian

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

phoenix7289
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:28 am

FastEddie wrote:zildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjianzildjian that is all

Please put spaces in between so as to not spam the forum. -_-
I proudly play with Tama (snare drums), PDP, Sabian, LP, Paiste, Vic Firth, Aquarian (bass and snare heads), and Remo (tom heads)brands! My biggest drummer influences are Mic Fleetwood, Nicko McBrain, and Mike Portnoy.
brandon8robinson
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:29 pm

Definately Zildjian, I really hate Sabian with a burning passion because if you ever look at a Sabian cymbal the lines on it are just scaley looking, they seem to bumpy or whatever I can't even explain it!

Zildjian kills
I got it from uh, the get wet shop!
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:45 pm

brandon8robinson wrote:Definately Zildjian, I really hate Sabian with a burning passion because if you ever look at a Sabian cymbal the lines on it are just scaley looking, they seem to bumpy or whatever I can't even explain it!

Zildjian kills

you dont like a company because of their lathing technique?

thats one of the dumbest things ive ever heard.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
Daneman
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:51 pm

[quote="anavrinIV
you dont like a company because of their lathing technique?

thats one of the dumbest things ive ever heard.
[/quote]

Actually, the lathing has quite a bit to do with the overall feel, sound and character of a cymbal- it's really not that dumb at all.
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:55 pm

Daneman wrote:[

he said nothing about the sound quality, just the look. i think its retarded to dislike a cymbal because the lathing looks different than another companys.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
jad
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:59 pm

I prefer sabian becoz of the sound. I also find then druable and really inovative (my 17inch vult crash rules) and have a better range of cymbals and tones than zildjian do.

That said 2 of my favourite cymbals are the k 12 inch splch and 22 inch k heavy ride.

But the best rides of all time have to be the hh raw bell dry ride and the hh power bell ride. (followed by the signiture paragon and feirce rides)
Shine Drums
TRX Cymbals
Corsair Drumsticks
www.corsairdrums.com.au
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:50 pm

jad wrote:But the best rides of all time have to be the hh raw bell dry ride

i have one. i love it to death...its the perfect combination of sounds for me.
SabianLudwigZildjianDW
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:20 pm

i like Zildjians Splashes Crashes and Hi Hats

for Sabian i prefer there rides, chinas and crashes
Miron
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:21 pm

Zildjian...for me sabian has no caracter...they are to expensive for the sound they provide...I listen Weckl with zildjian and sabian,and oh my God,the difference is so obviese...
Tony Williams,Steve Gadd,Peter Erskine,Vinnie Colaiuta...all zildjian...what more needs to be said!!!
RLRRLRLL
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:50 pm

For me it's Sabian. I've owned cymbals from the other brands and they haven;t come close to sounding as great as the Sabians do.
screamBRYAN
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:23 pm

Meinl 8)
Pearl Drums
Meinl Cymbals
Tama Pedals
DW Hardware
Vater Sticks
Evans Heads
FelterSkelter
session drummer
session drummer

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:40 am

I prefer Sabians, yet once long ago I was playing in a studio and the kit that was there had a Zildjian Earth Ride.
It was over 10 years ago and I can still remember how powerful that sounded.
permdog
new
new

Post Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:56 pm

i started out with zildjians but i've been playing on saibians for 7 years now. 3 years exclusively. i had this super crazy set up with about 17 cymbals not including the 2 sets of hats. six of them were splash cymbals though and so i had 2 zildjians in there, there was also an old medium ride that worked as crash. but 3 years ago i bought the whole paragon set. the only issue was the ride but i've noticed that as it ages and the more it's played on it's taking on a better sound. they do cut through everything...sound guys don't mic them.
I love my Yamahas!
drummerboy1991
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:02 pm

tough one. i have both but i definitely like how the zildjians sound better. (except for tht recent ZBT/ZXT line). i mostly have Avedis crashs and rides. along with others. but they sound great
www.myspace.com/drumming101
TAMA Superstar 5-pc Brushed Vintage Blue
TAMA Hardware
Vater, Vic-Firth
Sabian and Zildjian Cymbals
Evans Heads- EC2(clears), Genera dry, EMAD
Benhamin
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:39 pm

i have a a bit of both
im torn between the hhx series