Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:13 pm

SABIAN!!

I love SABIAN!!

So crisp and warm everything a drummer wants!! :D
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:25 pm

Dave2094 wrote:But they really are the same thing just with different names. They're both from the same family, literally!

that is one of the most ignorant and untruthful statements ive ever heard. play zildjians and sabians side by side and none of them will sound like the other. there are distince differences built into each brand that make them unique to themselves and they are not the same thing. they may have the same general b20 bronze mixture but all high end cymbals use that (zildjian, sabian, paiste, meinl, ufip, istanbul, etc...) and the same general processes are used to form the cymbals (again, a trait of all cymbal companies) but the end result is completely different.

im sorry if i seem mean but that statement is at the top of the list of things i hate to hear drummers say.

as a strictly sabian user (once i finish replacing all my old cymbals) (because its the sound i like, not because its the brand) i can tell you that if zildjians and sabians were the same thing i wouldnt care what i played, but i do.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
Drummerjew
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:22 pm

I have always wanted to know how many people like which. I know that both are made very well, but i'm going with Zildjian..because it sounds better on my set. + I like that Zildjian hand makes all of their cymbals. I don't know if Sabian does the same. But other people have already made their opinion..and I am not that huge of a comment anyway.
Pearl set
Zildjian cymbals
Remo heads
Triple base peddle
Drums are my life

www.myspace.com/samdrummerw
drummaman
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:17 pm

although at the moment (for monetary reasons) im playing a mix of both, i do prefer zildjians or....i did, im starting to also the sabian side of things, i dunno, the sabian b8 ride i have produces my sorta sound but so does the zildjian zxt crash...oh the choices
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:04 pm

Drummerjew wrote:I have always wanted to know how many people like which. I know that both are made very well, but i'm going with Zildjian..because it sounds better on my set. + I like that Zildjian hand makes all of their cymbals. I don't know if Sabian does the same. But other people have already made their opinion..and I am not that huge of a comment anyway.

zildjian and sabian both make their cymbals in the same fashion. the brighter cymbals (a, a custom, aa, aax) are cast, machine lathed, machine hammered, polished, and printed. the darker series (k, k custom, hh, hhx) are cast, machine latherd, hand hammered, polished, and printed. paiste doesnt hand hammer any of their cymbals. zildjians are not all hand made, but neither are sabians. the lower end cymbals are sheet bronze from both companies, so theyre all machine cut
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
Rockaflodge
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:05 pm

Zildjian-they keep going and going and going and going, well you get the idea.
I Play Hard! I play Loud! I play Pearl!
DecayedxCorpse
new
new

Post Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:03 pm

zildjian,no doubt about it!
pooJken
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:44 am

I go for Zildjian

But there is not much diffrence between them

Sabian is made by Robert Zildjian, The orter son of Avedis Zildjian III,

He had a disagreement about closing the Canedian factory of Zildjian with his brother and decided the buy the factory and create Sabian Cymbals
putridity
new
new

Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:17 am

HokkaidoJDM wrote:
Rob Crisp wrote:Tricky.. I've got Zildjian but have friends with Sabian... it really was close as to which I bought when I upgraded.

Same here, but I ended up going with Zildjian; I haven't regretted it at all!

yeah , zildjan take the cake... but i mean some sabian sound good..
in the name of gore
GretschClub
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:11 pm

I only own a set of sabian aax,s but i like the zildjian chinas and crashes
Gretsch catalina club kit black/silver sparkle
Sabian axx 16 crash 20 ride 14 hats
Gilbralter hardware
gilbralter basspedal
evans heads
emad bass skin
TinChimp
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:19 am

Zilldjian all the way baby!!!

I used to play some of the entry level B8 sabians a million years ago back in my school band days, and I recorded an EP with my current band (check us out at www.myspace.com/thevolantes , shameless plug I know, but hey) with a set of Top End Sabians lent to me by a friend before I upgraded my set, but at the end of the day I always seem to keep coming back to Zildjians, and my now fully upgraded set up is nothing but Zildjians, A customs mainly, but afew K's, Z's and Orientals in there for variety, The 20" A custom Projection Crash is the mother of all crashes, AWESOME!!!

Not Saying Sabian are bad, just personal preference.
Cheerz
Tris "TinChimp" Hall
RSmith
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:37 pm

yep, it's a matter of choice.

Been playing Zildjians most of my life and they do define my sound quite nicely.

Your taste may vary ;-)
pearldrumer
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:16 pm

to me ii think sabians r better. they are way beeter to play rock than zildjans, but zildjans r also extreeeeeemely good
grrr.
mattdoesrock
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:09 pm

Sabian hands down, all the way, "4 lyf", FTW, rocks, etc. etc.

Basically sabian... :D
Eliminator
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:42 pm

you mostly see zildjian cymbals with tama drums and sabians with pearl.
Sabian seem to be most used in metal
Zildjian with rock/pop