13%
Multi-use stands
30%

Total votes: 30
TDRUMP
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:42 am

JUST A QUICK POLL TO SEE WHAT DRUMMERS WOULD RATHER USE FOR SET UP/ SPACE ISSUES, ETC
Shalaq
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:51 pm

Poll added :>
I use multi- use stands- each stand has a cymbal and tom or 2 cymbals. I think that racks are designed for people who place their gear where it would be hard to put a stand and for those who use a lot of equipment :)
Mapex, Istanbul Agop, Attack, Vater/O4D.
I want an endorsement :)
Quick link to the search engine:
http://www.drumsmylife.com/search.php
loop
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:30 am

I also use multi-use stands. They're smaller and lighter than a rack
dim my eyes if they should compromise
screamkevin

Post Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:40 am

Rack all the way. Same footprint, and much lighter overall than a set of stands.
Me, My Story, and Pics Of My Drums:
http://www.saludacymbals.com/c/ksiegel.html
Endorsing Saluda Cymbals since 2006!
Howie is my homie. Word.
GeorgeD311
new
new

Post Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:30 am

It all depends on the situation for me. If I don't plan on playing out for a long time, I'll set up the rack. Even though the rack is bulky and awkward, it allows set up without the bother of stand legs from touching or getting in the way. I also feel like a rack allows the drums to resonate more. However, if I play out a lot of go on tour, I'll bring my stands. The only stand that serves a dual purpose is the one the holds my mounted floor tom and ride cymbal. A rack is only ok for playing out if you have a tech or someone to help carry the damn thing! :lol:
KevinThrottlerod
new
new

Post Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:26 am

I prefer stands. The variety of club situations that I play in demands it. Multiple stands are more adaptable to different stage situations. Sometimes there just isn't enough room for a rack. Besides it's funny as hell watching somebody try to pick up my hardware case for the first time.
TDRUMP
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:15 pm

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH SCREAMKEVIN. RACK ALL THE WAY. I'VE PLAYED BOTH AND IF YOU HAVE A HUGE CYMBAL SET UP LIKE ME, IT'S FRUSTRATING TRYING TO INTERTWINE STAND LEGS. I FIND IT EASIER TO SET UP MY BULKY RACK THAN TO SET UP 7 OR 8 STANDS FOR CYMBALS.
ROCK ON!!!!
AMTJake
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:42 pm

I use the gibraltar curved rack system...love that damn thing. I do have cymbal stands though for when I use a smaller setup to fill in for other bands when they need a drummer for a night.
dutch
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:02 pm

i change my set up monthly (well used to now i'm limited by prick band mates!) sometimes i'd set up a straight rack to my left but mount it to 2 cymbal stands if that makes any sense
millsybaby
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:36 am

I use a rack biut i used to use stands. I tend to use stands when i'm gigging as i rarely need all the kit for the stuff i'm playing with and to, but racks are alot easier - especially with a van.