meinl?

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

screamBRYAN
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:47 am

because of meinl being from germany, they are expensive and hard to come across, checkout www.lidrum.com they have all of them.
Pearl Drums
Meinl Cymbals
Tama Pedals
DW Hardware
Vater Sticks
Evans Heads
Zatan
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:34 pm

I play Meinl cymbals, mostly Amun.
I've played Sabian B8 series cymbals which consist of the same B8 bronze alloy (same amount (8%) of tin in the alloy) but you get a complete different dynamic; I'd choose Meinl over Sabian and Zildjian any day. I think Meinl are probably most like Paiste when it comes to the crafting, sound and feel.

I recomend Meinl...
ultrastu
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:58 pm

if you are looking for something different than Zildjian and Sabian look a Paiste they have ranges to suit pretty much anybody and they have some of the best sounding cymbals around!
dudewiththesticks
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:34 am

ultrastu wrote:if you are looking for something different than Zildjian and Sabian look a Paiste they have ranges to suit pretty much anybody and they have some of the best sounding cymbals around!

I AGREE WITH THAT. PAISTES REALLY DO HAVE SOME OF THE BEST CYMBAL SOUND IMO. THE ONLY THING I HAVE AGAINST PAISTE IS THAT THEY CRACK REALLY TO EASY. ID LIKE TO CHECK OUT MORE OF MEINL'S PRODUCTS
DW, Meinl, Vater, Remo
JJdrmr
new
new

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:48 pm

I don't like Sabian very much, but I love Zildjian As and A Customs. Although... the Sabian Evolutions are ok.

I do have a Mienl Byzance 16" Dark Crash. I must say, it's my favorite cymbal. It's absolutely amazing. I love the dark, smooth tone of it.

My dream cymbal package is prolly Istanbul, check them out.
<A HREF="http://www.myspace.com/scarlettclassic" TARGET="_blank">Scarlett Classic</A>
nickbaldwin
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:29 am

I'm a Meinl drummer through and through.

The only 'bad' thing about Meinl is that its very hard to pick a cymbal, cause they all sound so good! And they all suit eachother perfectly.

My next cymbal is Mb20 21" Heavy Ride, to go with my Byzance hats and Classics crash. It sounds so yum.
Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage drums
Gibraltar 9600 hardware
Meinl Byzance cymbals
Pearl snare
Fraz_whatley
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:11 pm

i loooooooooove meinl cymbals, the 1st ones that came with my kit, headliners were brass but they still sounded great, im upgrading my set to amuns but one day i hope to have a byzance set up that would be so awesome. i love meinl so much i even got meinl gloves lol and a jamblock

woooooooooh meinl