Evans EC2

Aquarian, Evans, Remo etc. All about drumheads.

Moderator: Moderators

m
groove master
groove master

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:49 pm

The drum guys in the shop should've told you that they need to be broke-in(that's what happened with mine),mine sound great...patience bro'....patience :idea:

awww, I wanted to get them cheap! 8)
downshifter99
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:02 pm

m wrote:
The drum guys in the shop should've told you that they need to be broke-in(that's what happened with mine),mine sound great...patience bro'....patience :idea:

awww, I wanted to get them cheap! 8)
Shit,...my bad bro'. :shock:
Taye:Rock Pro Classic Rock 5 Piece
Sabian:Cymbals
Tama & Pearl:Hardware
Evans:Drum heads
Vader:Fat Back 3A Sticks & Slick-Nuts
ArmaniMassacre
new
new

Post Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:47 am

well...it's a shameless plug, but if you want to hear a recording of them that I did with my band go to www.myspace.com/belowradar and listen to "Find, Destroy Alaska" or "How to Burn Down a State Capital"...I'm not sure which is up on the site, but they were both recorded with ec2's on the rack and floor tom and an emad on the bass drum. our producer was astounded with the meat that the drums had on the recording. I love the heads....maybe i'm the only one who does. I think they were on my drums for about 2 weeks of heavy touring when we recorded, so I guess they were pretty worn in.....so yeah...check it out and if you like it lemme know on here or email the page.....

peace.
Ladies and Gentlemen....

testicles,

that is all.
CJTpearl613
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:17 pm

I have a pearl Export EXR fusion kit and I have put the EC2's on my toms. They sound pretty good after you let them break in. I like the sound on my 14" low tom a lot. The two rack toms sound ok but now really the "perfect sound" I like. But im pleased with them.
C.J.T
Pearl
Sabian
Evans
Pro-Mark
Pork Pie
Pearl Racks
SKB cases
devilspain
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:04 pm

FastEddie wrote:The best way to get the best sound out of them is to completely tighten each head til they can be tight no more. Give it a couple of hits do some rolls on them then loosen them to your pitch. the sound will be alot more to your liking i had the heads since they came out and loved them. I found a great sound out of them by using Evans Hydraulics Glass heads on the bottom, bu the decision on what sounds the best is all on the person and the style your looking for.

to break toms in do what the guy above said but why not leave them over taught for a whole night then come next day loosen and they'll seat better and be easier to tune because they already have been stretched and should last longer too. good luck guys.

im tired of evans im goin back to Remo.
Mapex Saturn Series Drums
TRX Cymbals
DW9000 Pedals
Pearl Rack
Vic Firth Sticks
Remo Heads

http://www.myspace.com/devilspain
http://www.myspace.com/masteranddog
http://www.masteranddog.com
Multibomber
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:42 am

DRUMDIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best $60 you'll ever spend! Not the Tama Tension Watch, that sucks... DRUMDIAL!!!!!!!

Tune your EC2's to 74, and your resonant heads to 73.
Your boobs aren't "huge"... they're "fun-sized!"