drummers get all of the girls

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

Steaky
session drummer
session drummer
Posts: 586
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:47 am
Location: England

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:09 pm

DRUMSMYWIFE wrote:Nope, "Arsonists Get All The Girls"
and you should Check that cool deathcore band, AGATG, with use of keyboards!


Keyboards????????????? :o
You can own the greatest drum ever made, but it won't change how well you can play it!
Steaky
session drummer
session drummer
Posts: 586
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:47 am
Location: England

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:09 pm

Just kidding.
You can own the greatest drum ever made, but it won't change how well you can play it!
User avatar
Multibomber
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 389
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:20 am

Post Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:26 am

I achieve penetration on about half of my shows... be as big a showman as you can.. set up your kit so girls can see your FACE!!! Sexy drummer arms are good too! Bring Febreeze to hose yourself down with cuz you will STINK after a rock show. If you playb in a band that allows you to show off while you're playing, just pretend like you're the most amazing dude ever when you get off the stage... even if you dont have the confidence to pull it off, just pretend you do!

FAKE IT TIL YOU MAKE IT!
Your boobs aren't "huge"... they're "fun-sized!"
User avatar
Joezeppi
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:00 pm
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana

Post Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:14 pm

I think we play the most interesting instrument to observe visually. It's the most physical and involves the most movement. I've had plenty of people tell me they were watching me the whole set when we played live and they didn't tell that to the bassist or the keyboardist. At the same time we're hidden behind our drums a lot of the time so we don't get the kind of "face time" that the singer gets. When girls get turned on by guys who play music a lot of times it has to do with 'getting the guy'. Almost like bragging rights for them, they got the singer and he's the prize because he's the perceived "leader", the voice, and the most visible element of the band, he's the rockstar. Same thing with lead guitarists. That being said, I have had females compliment me after a show saying that watching me play turned them on, so you will not hear a complaint from meh.
Without music, life is a journey through a desert.
User avatar
l_e_i_g_h
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:57 am
Location: Sydney Suburban Area, New South Wales

Post Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:16 pm

So...that's Nerdy Prog Rock!?

I was listening to your tracks...and I don't think the music would repel females at all...I mean...some females would probably dig progressive rock.

The tracks are pretty clean...not to mention the decent audio quality (Though I'm not so much into the screaming parts). I myself don't gravitate towards a bloke just because he's a musician (or has that 'cool' aura stereotypical females get drawn to).

- Leigh


So Is The Drummer wrote:drummers get all the girls....

when they're not playing nerdy prog rock that's kinda scary and dissonant. i think it's a safe bet that the music i make turns women off. that's ok though, i wasn't doing it for them anyways.

i totally wanna make a t-shirt with a picture of my album cover with the words 'chick repellant' in bold caps underneath.
It's "Lei" not "Lee"
choochoo
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 173
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:28 am

Post Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:39 pm

drummers get the ones with STD's :(
User avatar
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:42 am
Location: Illinois

Post Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:37 am

From what I've seen: guitarists get more girls... same with vocalists... then comes the bassist/keyboardist.... lastly, the drummer. We've had this discussion before on here, and I remember 90% of the people who replied, agreed they got the least.
I proudly play with Tama (snare drums), PDP, Sabian, LP, Paiste, Vic Firth, Aquarian (bass and snare heads), and Remo (tom heads)brands! My biggest drummer influences are Mic Fleetwood, Nicko McBrain, and Mike Portnoy.
So Is The Drummer
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:23 am
Location: Matawan, NJ

Post Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:55 am

l_e_i_g_h wrote:So...that's Nerdy Prog Rock!?

I was listening to your tracks...and I don't think the music would repel females at all...I mean...some females would probably dig progressive rock.

The tracks are pretty clean...not to mention the decent audio quality (Though I'm not so much into the screaming parts). I myself don't gravitate towards a bloke just because he's a musician (or has that 'cool' aura stereotypical females get drawn to).

- Leigh


So Is The Drummer wrote:drummers get all the girls....

when they're not playing nerdy prog rock that's kinda scary and dissonant. i think it's a safe bet that the music i make turns women off. that's ok though, i wasn't doing it for them anyways.

i totally wanna make a t-shirt with a picture of my album cover with the words 'chick repellant' in bold caps underneath.


it's cool that you took the time out to give it a listen, thanks. what is it then if it's not 'nerdy prog rock'? i'm glad you think that it wouldn't repel, but you haven't seen the shows we play or been there when i played a song for a female friend and watched them be clearly uninterested.

we've had maybe a handful of ladies that weren't friends with someone in the band that said they liked what we were doing and many that we are friends with that don't care for it.

i would never expect a woman to be interested in me purely because im a drummer or because of the band im in, but i would hope they could appreciate it or at least respect it. it's not only the music i play that keeps me from having a romantic relationship either. i have a whole slew of qualities that hold me back in that department but once someone decides to look past that, they will find that i have a whole lot to offer. i've learned to be alone at this point and my take is if sparks fly at some point that's great but if not i know i'll be alright.

i really appreciate your encouraging words though. it's not something i get a lot.

cheers
"And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell." www.soisthetongue.com
User avatar
mmmmdrums
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 498
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:59 pm
Location: SoCal

Post Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:05 pm

haha...... i get a lot of girls actually and guys too..... people get really crazy when they see a little blonde chick playing drums......

i get a lot of crazy girls telling me "omg you're so f-ing hot! I want to have your babies (and then they drunkenly grab for my body)" and with guys it's the ever present "hey, want to go get some beer and hang out?" which is code for other naughty things or "girl you got mad beats"

so i think female drummers get more girls than male drummers, because people get the wrong idea about female drummers if you know what I mean
Check out my new tunes!

myspace.com/anjillapiazza

Ludwig classic maple drums
Supraphonic Snare
Regal Tip and Vic Firth Sticks
I proudly endorse Soultone Handmade Turkish cymbals
User avatar
Multibomber
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 389
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:20 am

Post Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:53 pm

mmmmdrums wrote:haha...... i get a lot of girls actually and guys too..... people get really crazy when they see a little blonde chick playing drums......

i get a lot of crazy girls telling me "omg you're so f-ing hot! I want to have your babies (and then they drunkenly grab for my body)" and with guys it's the ever present "hey, want to go get some beer and hang out?" which is code for other naughty things or "girl you got mad beats"

so i think female drummers get more girls than male drummers, because people get the wrong idea about female drummers if you know what I mean


Anytime a girl can do anything other than be a mindless idiot, its very attractive. I imagine it would be very difficult for a guy to successfully talk to you simply because you've heard it all before... like a bartender, but with an actual talent. I mean think about it... what on God's Green Earth could a guy say to you after a show that would be so interesting and compelling, that you'd be instantly attracted to them?
Your boobs aren't "huge"... they're "fun-sized!"
User avatar
Kris
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 403
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:22 pm
Location: Houston,TX

Post Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:15 pm

I don't know about all the girls....most of the time your so busy setting up people think your a roady and then after your done if they even saw you behind the kit then they just think your a sweaty roady!
But the girls that do get the drummer know they just got the best ride of their life....because last time I checked singin or pluckin a melody dont have nothin to do with bangin out the perfect rythem.
Be Strong to Endure - Endure to be Strong !
www.krisardolino.com
http://www.myspace.com/krisardolino
Image
Steaky
session drummer
session drummer
Posts: 586
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:47 am
Location: England

Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:13 am

Kris wrote:I don't know about all the girls....most of the time your so busy setting up people think your a roady and then after your done if they even saw you behind the kit then they just think your a sweaty roady!
But the girls that do get the drummer know they just got the best ride of their life....because last time I checked singin or pluckin a melody dont have nothin to do with bangin out the perfect rythem.


Thats because you play with such big Kit's Kris. This is yet another reason why I love taking out my little 4 piece. I'm all set up in under 10 minutes and in full view when I'm playing. And at the other end of the night I have more social time because my kit came back down in under 10 mins. :lol:
You can own the greatest drum ever made, but it won't change how well you can play it!
User avatar
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:42 am
Location: Illinois

Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:27 am

So Is The Drummer wrote:
l_e_i_g_h wrote:So...that's Nerdy Prog Rock!?

I was listening to your tracks...and I don't think the music would repel females at all...I mean...some females would probably dig progressive rock.

The tracks are pretty clean...not to mention the decent audio quality (Though I'm not so much into the screaming parts). I myself don't gravitate towards a bloke just because he's a musician (or has that 'cool' aura stereotypical females get drawn to).

- Leigh


So Is The Drummer wrote:drummers get all the girls....

when they're not playing nerdy prog rock that's kinda scary and dissonant. i think it's a safe bet that the music i make turns women off. that's ok though, i wasn't doing it for them anyways.

i totally wanna make a t-shirt with a picture of my album cover with the words 'chick repellant' in bold caps underneath.


it's cool that you took the time out to give it a listen, thanks. what is it then if it's not 'nerdy prog rock'? i'm glad you think that it wouldn't repel, but you haven't seen the shows we play or been there when i played a song for a female friend and watched them be clearly uninterested.

we've had maybe a handful of ladies that weren't friends with someone in the band that said they liked what we were doing and many that we are friends with that don't care for it.

i would never expect a woman to be interested in me purely because im a drummer or because of the band im in, but i would hope they could appreciate it or at least respect it. it's not only the music i play that keeps me from having a romantic relationship either. i have a whole slew of qualities that hold me back in that department but once someone decides to look past that, they will find that i have a whole lot to offer. i've learned to be alone at this point and my take is if sparks fly at some point that's great but if not i know i'll be alright.

i really appreciate your encouraging words though. it's not something i get a lot.

cheers


Seconded. I'll agree, because few of even my closest female friends have ever showed any TRUE interest in me drumming... hell even ex-girl friends didn't show the most when we were dating. Some even pulled out their cell phones and started TEXTING. :evil: Even during the really crazy stuff I might play and I am just like.... s.hglaskhj
I proudly play with Tama (snare drums), PDP, Sabian, LP, Paiste, Vic Firth, Aquarian (bass and snare heads), and Remo (tom heads)brands! My biggest drummer influences are Mic Fleetwood, Nicko McBrain, and Mike Portnoy.
User avatar
xdoseonex
groove master
groove master
Posts: 3889
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:07 pm
Location: New York

Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:50 am

mmmmdrums wrote:haha...... i get a lot of girls actually and guys too..... people get really crazy when they see a little blonde chick playing drums......

i get a lot of crazy girls telling me "omg you're so f-ing hot! I want to have your babies (and then they drunkenly grab for my body)" and with guys it's the ever present "hey, want to go get some beer and hang out?" which is code for other naughty things or "girl you got mad beats"

so i think female drummers get more girls than male drummers, because people get the wrong idea about female drummers if you know what I mean


sounds delicious
Proud to endorse TRICK Percussion
Image
Steaky
session drummer
session drummer
Posts: 586
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:47 am
Location: England

Post Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:38 pm

xdoseonex wrote:
mmmmdrums wrote:haha...... i get a lot of girls actually and guys too..... people get really crazy when they see a little blonde chick playing drums......

i get a lot of crazy girls telling me "omg you're so f-ing hot! I want to have your babies (and then they drunkenly grab for my body)" and with guys it's the ever present "hey, want to go get some beer and hang out?" which is code for other naughty things or "girl you got mad beats"

so i think female drummers get more girls than male drummers, because people get the wrong idea about female drummers if you know what I mean


sounds delicious


Let's not go there please.
:wink:
You can own the greatest drum ever made, but it won't change how well you can play it!