drummers get all of the girls

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

l_e_i_g_h
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:58 am

Well....some times...maybe these guys who give you these lines...are...well...speechless (and that would have been the line that came up in his head)!

* just as long as they aren't lewd lines! (in that case...that sort of...umm...tells you a something about the bloke)

mouse wrote:word of advice to any man trying to chat up a lady drummer- cut the crap. Normal chat up lines don't work on us. Especially if she plays in a band with a load of other guys. We know your tricks, and we're pretty tough cookies when it comes to things- we're drummers for christ sake! So just be polite and too the point.

Sorry, just had to state that. Being a single girl the amount of bad chat up lines I hear after gigs is appauling, lol.

Sarah x
It's "Lei" not "Lee"
l_e_i_g_h
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:03 am

Nina...maybe...you could talk to the bloke of your choice before a gig...and not reveal that you are playing during that gig. (I guess...it would be a pleasant surprise!)

Then...he could probably decide if he would like to approach you after a set. 8)

Would it be easier? hmmm....I don't know! Maybe other drummers reading this can ask their non-drumming (or even non-musical) male friends?

I'm sure...there are blokes who find female drummers appealing (that's aside from their personality!). Just be patient!

Nina wrote:In my old band the bassist got all the girls and he was a complete weirdo and hairy. Although im not complaining i dont want any girls considering i am one myself and i wouldn't want stupid girls either.

Why dont girl drummers get men? does everyone think we are too manly or something? Im not manly at all :<
It's "Lei" not "Lee"
ChronicBeatMaster
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:07 am

Actually I'd have to safely say I've never gotten any chick interested in me after a show or anything, and i've played a few fairly decent sized ones at some of the biggest venues on this spit of land called Hawaii. I get all my action from just bing a smooth cat I suppose :?
Eliminator
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:33 am

I think the fact youre a drummer works best on a night out when you chat up a girl, and you tell them you're a drummer in a busy gigging band (exaggerate a bit). That's when they get really impressed.
blastbeats666
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:14 am

yeah dude, problem is though with a drummer, we're back on the stage (like behind everyone else) i mean i haven't played any gigs yet but thats what ive heard

giggity goo
screw you mike
So Is The Drummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:02 am

drummers get all the girls....

when they're not playing nerdy prog rock that's kinda scary and dissonant. i think it's a safe bet that the music i make turns women off. that's ok though, i wasn't doing it for them anyways.

i totally wanna make a t-shirt with a picture of my album cover with the words 'chick repellant' in bold caps underneath.
"And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell." www.soisthetongue.com
imjeffcanudigit
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:00 am

Tmac wrote:Its all about your attitude, and your confidence level

I think for the most part I agree with you.
DRummer BOy Jeff
ChronicBeatMaster
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:39 am

Eliminator wrote:I think the fact youre a drummer works best on a night out when you chat up a girl, and you tell them you're a drummer in a busy gigging band (exaggerate a bit). That's when they get really impressed.

Yeah, agree'd
Jimbob2020
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:31 pm

You have to be a sexy beast as i am too...
DW Collector's
Ludwig Classic Maple
Yamaha Stage Custom Nouveau
Meinl Byzance, Zildjian A Custom, Zildjian Platinum Cymbals
DW 5k & 9k Hardware
Evans and Remo Heads
Vic Firth
Steaky
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:00 pm

I was once told you have just shy of 15mins to move in on that Girl from the front row before your larger than life impression she has of you from being on stage starts to disappear. It worked for me, I'm married to one! :lol:
You can own the greatest drum ever made, but it won't change how well you can play it!
The MP
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:47 pm

Ive noticed that girls love a showman drummer, if your doing some funny stuff or flipping sticks, making faces, or just damn well getting into it. Idk it shows a side of confidence and i think they enjoy that, im more or less a showman behind the kit and ive gotten quite a bit of girls here.
Pearl,Sabian,promark...cant go wrong with that.
Aleks
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:21 pm

I say yes....I get approached all the time because I'm the drummer......And my hottie also agrees, drummers are the most attractive
fullmetaldrummer87
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:49 am

Alot of wise responses.

Being a single guy in a rock band isn't exactly what it's cracked up to be.

All the guys in my band are married or in committed relationships, except for me, now.

I've had a few close encounters, but never went anywhere. There was one chick who was obsessed with me at a show, and was pretty touchy feely, giving off clear signals that she wanted me to bang her drum, haha. I invited her back with the band to a party after the show but she declined, and said that her ride was leaving. But she still keeps in contact with me. Hmmmm......

Being visual is key, onstage. I like to be very visual, make eye contact with people and sing the words to them, banter and badger, flip and toss sticks and whip my hair and put my all into it. It does get you noticed.

My last relationship was spawned 4 years ago due to the fact that I was a drummer. I invited her to a show, and my playing won her over and we started dating. It's the talent, man. We drummers have that gift and that talent. All I know is that whatever douchebag she's dating nowadays ain't got shit on me, because I'm a drummer. And it takes alot more talent and more admirable to play drums or be a musician than any other ordinary thing. You can speak 5 languages and you come from a rich family? Guess what, I play drums in a successful band. Who's she gonna pick? Women gravitate towards musicians. As my dad told me when I was young..."If you're a musician, chicks will dig you." No joke, he told me that when I was young. And it's true. Chicks dig me because I'm a musician, but trying to hook up with em or nail em is another thing.

What I don't get is, I'm the only single guy in the band, but girls gravitate towards the rest of the guys in the band, who are married or taken most of the time. Hmmm, well, I'm yet to boink (had to use the proper term, haha) a chick after a show, but it will happen eventually. The only chick I was nailing after shows was my girlfriend for the past 4 years.
automaster31
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:13 am

Not out looking after playing at all anymore. Whenever I play, mine's sitting stage left watching me. I told her that she has nothing to fear. I'm the one worried about her, considering what her ex's are trying to do. I wanted to talk to them- not violently or anything, just TALK. They wouldn't listen. Their loss, because they cannot have what they have lost. i have won the war and there is proof on her left ring finger. Sometimes the 'net can work for an unintended purpose. Never know.
DRUMSMYWIFE
groove master
groove master
Location: Chula Vista, (A community within San Diego) California

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:26 am

Nope, "Arsonists Get All The Girls"
and you should Check that cool deathcore band, AGATG, with use of keyboards!