drummers get all of the girls

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

screamkevin

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:51 am

I get a good amount of chicks, so I vote yes.
Me, My Story, and Pics Of My Drums:
http://www.saludacymbals.com/c/ksiegel.html
Endorsing Saluda Cymbals since 2006!
Howie is my homie. Word.
manicdrums
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:23 am

hmmmm....
Hard to tell... I've never really noticed any difference. But that's because I've never really been anything other than a drummer for 33 years! Strangely enoough, my wife actually LIKES me slightly sweaty after a gig, and claims that I give off an "energy" that she finds attractive. MAYBE this is what attratcs them?
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first
create the universe."

-- Carl Sagan
PaulZILLA
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:57 am

well there are conflicting points. im not the best lookin fellah but ive goten some girls. i got more when i was a guitarist. and ive noticed that in most cases vocalist/guitarist get allthe girls. but for the most part the girls they get are rather ill moralled if ya get me. (they get around). the girls that usualy come talk to me and all that. are generaly really nice and most of the time not bad lookin at all. its just a matter of presence. i am a strange drummer as in. i actualy get up from my kit and do random shit on stage. such as.. after the sound check i get up and take a couple pairs of sticks and goof around up front of the stage and do some rudiments n stuff and talk to people. or ill jump down off the stage and mingle some. that sometimes is a problem as. i almost always have to literally run to the backstage area and rush to my kit. as i lose track of time haha. during the show. at random points ill get up and do something stupid (between songs) or throw t-shirts/merch or some sticks. sometimes ill use " i have to adjust a cymbal stand" as an excuse to get up. my throne is very uncomfortable lol. but back on topic. in general the girls go to vocalist/guitarist. which im literally the tallest and biggest(in body build) of the band. so i dont get the preppy girls. then again i dont mind the girls i get. they are generaly pretty good.
Get KRUNK...Its A Death Metal Thing.
quikstang2
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:57 pm

Well, I do meet a lot of girls and in all seriousness, the only ones that I can stand personality-wise will go for the drummers first, the rest are annoying as hell and I use my bandmates as human shields or act really busy with the gear.

Another thing I've noticed is that almost every older woman (my mom's age) or older, has dated a drummer at some point in time (or had a best friend that did) and they all give me this look like "If I wans't married I'd drag you out to my car and get freaky" which really freaks me out and I usually leave the immediate area in a rush.
8-piece Mapex Vx
5-piece Premier 1960s vintage

custom vintage Mapex 5-piece (for sale)
DRUMBUM
new
new

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:38 pm

I believe that drummers who also sing get more girls!..Plus it does'nt hurt that I look alot like Ron Jeremy too!..lol!...Then they r really curious!!
Shane Michaels
RSmith
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:41 pm

I think it's a myth myself. Been playing in bands for 27 years and have yet to get the girl :P
mrnuclearpants
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:18 pm

Yes, but they go away after they realize im not a badass ...
automaster31
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:38 am

found_drummer wrote:It's funny, cuz up until we added our new guitarist, I was the only one who had a girlfriend. So I guess the drummer got hooked up before anyone else! =)

our lead guitarist hooked me up w/ a friend of his. Other than he and myself, the rest of the band's single. good luck.
OklahomaSlim
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:11 pm

Never really gotten a ton of action myself. Just wanted to share a story....
After a gig I'm tearing down and this girl is hanging out near me watching me pack all my stuff up. She comes over and makes small talk....I'm thinking "sweet, see if I can hook this up". She proceeds to ask me if I can give her retarded son drum lessons.
Ahhhhhh, that's the life isn't it? :lol:
Searah
new
new

Post Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:34 pm

Tmac wrote:Its all about your attitude, and your confidence level

Agreed.
sticksNhands
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:36 am

it's all about your smile and your game ha ha. I don't think most chicks know the difference from good and bad drummers, they just know you're in the spotlight and are doing something most douche bags can't do. There's the select few out there who have thier masters from Berkley but usually girls like that are lame anyway. If you want to get their respect and not just their goodies, then you might wanna practice to be good too.

hahaha Oh man I'm so full of shit.
"Build a shining city on top of a hill"
reefer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:49 am

robb_nightlife wrote: Plus the fact for a good while after the set we (drummers) are tearing down and loading out while others can hop off stage and start to mingle.

I find this is a good point... this always happens unless your playing last on the bill. And its more about your personality and your game than anything else. It depends what your looking for... if your just trying to get some, or if your actually looking to hook up with somebody decent.
Zebra-powered rock and roll
http://www.themicronitefilters.com

Check out:
http://www.getbentrecords.com
for great independent music you've never heard
Rob Crisp
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:26 pm

It's all about being charismatic on stage, you make eye contact with a girl and then go chat to her afterwards!

It's true though, we spend hours tearing down while every one else goes and chats!
murder_junkie_87
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:47 pm

HAH! shiiiiit i have to vote naye on that one.
DRUM FAST, DIE.
shirleythewerewolf
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:49 pm

Well, I'm the only girl in my band, and I can definitely say guys are always interested to talk to me after gigs. I think not only are the fascinated by a girl drummer, they think it's amazing I'm not in a girl band lol (I'm in a metal band that's similar to Avenged Sevenfold). Everyone has made great points though about being hidden in the back for the entire show lol.