drummers get all of the girls

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

Mainiacdrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:58 pm

yeah i just want to hear what you think. just seeing if its a sterotype or not... not that i really care o anything ;) just because my band members are like yeah dude once we make it youll get all of the girls
Scott_Hurford
session drummer
session drummer

Post Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:33 pm

hmm, i have 2 views on this

1) Drummers would naturally get all the girls becoz we are usually have the bigger muscles and strong appearance...

2) then again i think this is cancelled out from the fact tht after the gig, we get all sweaty and smelly, girls=gone :shock:

Lesson for this story = always take Lynx with u to a gig , and a good towel :D 8)
Tama/Zildjian/Remo/Vater
www.myspace.com/scotthurford
Vetis
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:18 am

I havent noticed any increase of the ladies since I started drumming. So I vote no on this one.
Vetis
WingsOfMajesty
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:19 am

Negative... my vote goes to vocalists and guitarists.
Leebodrummerman
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:39 am

Well I have atheory of my own on this one. Some of you may have heard this one before. It goes like this:
The lead singers get the good looking girls.
Guitarists get the loud ones.
Bassists get the quiet ones.
drummers get all the stupid ones.
Well there you are. Highly stereotypical of course.
The world would be a simpler place if everything was drumkey adjustable.
nv1bddrmmr
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:08 am

I will have to say the one of the most intersting experience I had was playing at a house party and several girls sat in front of the bass drum. They said afterwards that they like the vibration caused by it. :D
As they say some guitar players can give a good licking but every drummer can give a good banging
www.hafded.com
found_drummer
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:36 am

It's funny, cuz up until we added our new guitarist, I was the only one who had a girlfriend. So I guess the drummer got hooked up before anyone else! =)
Pearl drums, hardware, and pedals
Gibraltar Hardware
Zildjian Cymbals
Remo Heads
Vater Stick
robb_nightlife
new
new

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:09 am

thats definitely a hard question to answer... no doubt my vocalist pulls the most. but I do pretty well for myself.

theres a big difference I've noticed however on how much I pull at home versus on the road... the sweaty/stinky factor really comes in on the road. Plus the fact for a good while after the set we (drummers) are tearing down and loading out while others can hop off stage and start to mingle.
Wake The Light
http://www.myspace.com/wakethelight
Tama shells / Pearl hardware / Ziljian cymbals / Evans heads / Vic Firth sticks
Chad Scott
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:54 am

I don't know where you guys went to school but in most I say MOST of the time the singer gets most of the play! Unless he is ugly & even then they get play...A drummer that gets the most play would be a guy/girl that is the only beautiful one in the band! Even the Bass player gets more play in most bands...
just another drummer who wants to become better,learn more and play more than most..
if you can help please do!!
wonkavella
new
new

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:33 am

shit i only get other drummers who come up ap and ask me how i did that which i'm ok with it means i'm playin well.i had a few girls who had drummer fetishes but i never got a ton of girls while playin
i'm not even mad i'm impressed
Scott_Hurford
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:41 am

i think it would also help if your good looking and the rest of your band aint :lol:
Tama/Zildjian/Remo/Vater
www.myspace.com/scotthurford
Cameraman
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:22 am

My bassist tried hooking me up with an out of town girl, and when told I was a drummer, she replied with "Ooh... really?"
[Insert quote here]
ytsejam1337
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:44 am

I haven't noticed anything... =/
Tmac
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:06 am

Its all about your attitude, and your confidence level
tamadrumr50
new
new

Post Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:06 am

Iv Been in bands for years!! And i must say Iv always been the best lookin stud of all the rest of my band mates...As being a drummer ya just dont get noticed much when your hid back there as per say the rest out front!! Although iv had my fill of straglers waiting @the end of a gig!! So lets hope your the pretty boy of the band!!!