double bass pedal

Axis, DW, Pearl, Tama...

Moderator: Moderators

Gazdkw82§
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:21 am

i need to get a new double pedal. iv currently got the pearl pt100 i its done me good. Theres alot of different pedals to choice from. Iv had a dw9000 single pedal before and i didnt like it so im not sure about the whole dw range. Iv heard the pearl eliminator is good and the tama iron cobra. I like the idea of the sonor big step too but they are way too expensive.

anyone used any of these pedals? any advice on what pros and cons?

Gaz
MrChops
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:32 am

I've had the Tama Iron Cobra for about 2 years now. I gotta tell ya, it's by far the best pedal I've ever used. They are very durable and you can adjust the springs very easily to get the exact pedal response you desire. I've used other pedals and I cannot even begin to compare any other pedal to the iron cobra.

pfft Dw9000 who?
Amateurs practice until they can get it right.
Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.
Shalaq
session drummer
session drummer

Post Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:33 am

Moved to the right section. Please use the search engine because there've been a lot of topics on the subject.
Mapex, Istanbul Agop, Attack, Vater/O4D.
I want an endorsement :)
Quick link to the search engine:
http://www.drumsmylife.com/search.php
WingsOfMajesty
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:46 pm

I'm currently using a DW7000, and it works RATHER well... im thinking of getting an Iron Cobra in the near future, i've tried one a couple times, and it works really smoothly.
DrummerDoug
new
new

Post Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:00 pm

I've had a pearl eliminator for 3 years now. I'ts worked pretty good. I've always wanted some Iron cobras. My wife just bought me some for Christmas. They're unbelievable! I've heard they're built like tanks as well.
gipson
new
new

Post Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:20 pm

I would recomend looking at axis pedals. I've used a few different ones before...then i tried an axis and never went back...i use the axis-a series, they are completly adjustable to control the amount of action on the pedal, and all axis pedals are direct drive...they have the long board series too for some extra control i guess, theres also the x series that arnt adjustable.

I think they are great. Every moving part on them is held togetter with ball bearings and they are just super smooth...axis all the way !
likelight2flies
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:56 pm

i prefer the iron cobra flexi-glides myself. i have played an axis longboard single pedal and thought it was great. very smooth and i like the whole direct drive idea. price is kinda of a drawback with the double pedal version running about 400+. yamaha makes a direct drive flying dragon which i hear is also good....only drawback might be the springs not being strong enough... thought i have never tried them myself. i have also heard great things about pearl eliminators....the tons of adjustment options is what sold me on the iron cobras and i got a nice deal on mine =D

i started out with the original iron cobra via c.1997 so... anything might seem smooth after playing those for a couple years
Limited Access
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:11 pm

I am using the pearl double at the moment, but I have used the iron cobra double, and I like them both the same. They are both a good quality pedal and are very fast. I have no comeplaints abou them. I have also bought a ludwig double pedal and I returned it because it wasnt very good or fast. Nore did the quality seem to be there.... Hope this helps.... :!:
Pearl Drums and Zildjian and Sabian Cymbals
youngdrummer
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:35 pm

Definitely go with the Pearl Eliminators. They have excellent response and power, and give you plenty of room to play rudiments with your feet. Just look at Virgil Donati, for example.
AugustHouseDrums
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:38 pm

I just bought the 9002 and I don't see how you can't get a feel you don't like out of them. They are so adjustable and its so smooth. The only people who I can see not liking them are Longboard users.
Gazdkw82§
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:07 am

longboard users?
AugustHouseDrums
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:34 pm

Gazdkw82§ wrote:longboard users?

Axis Longboards
hooker_92191
new
new

Post Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:11 pm

ive used the iron cobra for a little over a year now.
its a great pedal although the reaction was a little bit slow for me.
i just ordered an axis longboard double bass pedal.
ive tried them out at guitar center and they are the best pedals that ive ever used, but a bit expensive.
well i hope ive been helpful
later
to_hell_n_back
new
new

Post Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:08 pm

i used to own a dw7000 dbl kick and that pedal didnt last me long b4 it crapped out on me..for the last years ive been using the pearl eliminator dbl kick with a dbl chain drive