Swivel Foot Technique

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

masonvonritchie
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:22 pm

CraigR wrote:Hey whats up man? I cant give much advice without actually showing you, but check out some newer Dave Weckl vids. He has started using it as well as Horacio Hernandez. And JOJO Mayer. You seem like a good player, you should do yourself a favor and ditch that metal bullshit and play something with some soul, groove, and most of all FUTURE. There is nothing more sad than seeing a talented musician working a full time job so he can play with his metal band once a month when he could be making a living playing music that can actually relate to people, and not talking about death, destruction, chaos, filth, and greed,(AHX). You should check out guys like Vinnie Colaiuta, Dennis Chambers, Jeff Sipe, & of course Weckl. Its easy to see that these guys are more advanced Technically, and certainly more advanced than your average, or above average death metal drummer.
Take it easy man, I hope none of this offended you or your music, I just hope that your open to all good music, and not just the novelty of metal

Cretin basically said everything I was going to say in regard to this comment.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head with this one. Everyone in a metal band works a full time job so they can play in their band... There certainly aren't ENTIRE RECORD LABELS full of metal bands nowadays. Metal? Pshh... That's old news. Dick. Well, my confusion as to what "good music" is, thanks to your opinion. I hope you can force your opinion on everyone else and hopefully it will make a difference in the music world.
WANTED: Tama Starclassic B/B!

Pacific CX Series kit
Pork Pie Little Squealer 13x7
Zildjian A Customs, Z custom
Wuhan China
DW5002AD