Aquarian SK2

Aquarian, Evans, Remo etc. All about drumheads.

Moderator: Moderators

kenny.drummer
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:08 am

Hi Everybody!

What are ypur opinions on Aquarian SuperKick 2 kick head. Is it really that good? Or should I go for EMAD?

kenny
DRUMGOD
new
new

Post Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:23 pm

The Emad is Evans attempt to coping the Super Kick!
meinldude69
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:56 pm

DRUMGOD wrote:The Emad is Evans attempt to coping the Super Kick!

agreed
the SK2 as well as the SK1 are extremely popular among the heavier bands
pearl forum
meinl/zildjian cymbals
remo, evans, and aquarian heads
vater stix
pow3rtr1p
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:49 pm

kenny.drummer wrote:Hi Everybody!

What are ypur opinions on Aquarian SuperKick 2 kick head. Is it really that good? Or should I go for EMAD?

kenny

Think of it this way. I know 3 drummers personally who use all Evans or Remo on all their toms and snares, and use SKIIs. It is one of, if not the, best kick head out there. I really can't say enough good things about it. Even with no muffling, and the stock resonant head, my kick sound amazing. I don't plan on using any other bass drum bead on my kick, this one just has no real problems, and a whole lot of benefits.
Sonor Drums, Evans and Aquarian Heads, Saluda Cymbals, Vic Firth Sticks

14" Glory Hats, 16" Diamond Rock Crash (Cracked...), 22" Symbolic Ride
14" Pre-Aged Voodoo China
drummerboi4130
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:09 pm

haha, i was gonna post a topic with the exact same question..
michiganice91
session drummer
session drummer

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:23 pm

pow3rtr1p wrote:
kenny.drummer wrote:Hi Everybody!

kenny

Think of it this way. I know 3 drummers personally who use all Evans or Remo on all their toms and snares, and use SKIIs. It is one of, if not the, best kick head out there. I really can't say enough good things about it. Even with no muffling, and the stock resonant head, my kick sound amazing. I don't plan on using any other bass drum bead on my kick, this one just has no real problems, and a whole lot of benefits.

Agreed..I got remo and evans on the toms and snare..but I always gotta have my Superkick II
ImageImage
SGarrett

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:25 pm

I have the SuperKick II and Regulator combo on my kick. You can hear it on my MySpace. The first song was tracked with a Shure Beta52, the second with an AKG D112, and the third with my Audix D6.
"If the goal is for me to give up my reality for your reality, then the goal is for me to give up my self for your self--a goal I have to reject."
drummerboi4130
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:48 pm

SGarrett wrote:I have the SuperKick II and Regulator combo on my kick. You can hear it on my MySpace. The first song was tracked with a Shure Beta52, the second with an AKG D112, and the third with my Audix D6.

idk if it's the crappy laptop speakers im using, but i can't hear the bass drum at all.
kansasdrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:15 pm

I have both. I have the EMAD 2 on my Grestsch Catalina ash. And the superkick 2 on my rogers big r. Keep in mind, the gretsh is newer, and is a 22x18. The rogers..is around 32 years old, and is a 20x14. I prefer the sound of my gretsch, but neither sound horrible. I say they are both good heads. Just whatever u prefer.
SGarrett

Post Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:46 am

drummerboi4130 wrote:
SGarrett wrote:I have the SuperKick II and Regulator combo on my kick. You can hear it on my MySpace. The first song was tracked with a Shure Beta52, the second with an AKG D112, and the third with my Audix D6.

idk if it's the crappy laptop speakers im using, but i can't hear the bass drum at all.

Which song or all three? It could be the speakers, I have a sub with mine so I couldn't tell ya.
"If the goal is for me to give up my reality for your reality, then the goal is for me to give up my self for your self--a goal I have to reject."
drummerboi4130
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:35 pm

SGarrett wrote:
drummerboi4130 wrote:

Which song or all three? It could be the speakers, I have a sub with mine so I couldn't tell ya.

yea, all of them
i'm on my computer now, but i have to turn up the volume to hear the bass
SGarrett

Post Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:52 pm

drummerboi4130 wrote:
SGarrett wrote:
drummerboi4130 wrote:

yea, all of them
i'm on my computer now, but i have to turn up the volume to hear the bass

Hmm. Well, good to know.