[kimono] - Sapphire Blue Masters MMX

You have a Kit that You're proud of it? We want to see it!

Moderator: Moderators

kimono
new
new

Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:39 am

:evil: Hello everybody. :evil: I'd like to take this opportunity to be be just welcoming myself to this wicked website. This is my blue baby, I have a couple of extra toms but am quite happy with 2 on the rack, 2 on the floor. I always thought there wasn't something quite right with this kit, so I had Pearl make the 10" tom and 18" floor tom custom 4 years after I bought the original kit. Pearl did a super job matching the colour and spec. In fact, the new toms felt right at home on this kit straight away, hence why I hardly never touch the 12" and 14" they replaced.

Latest addition is the Synesthesia Mandala Drum which you can see in the second photos. I've only just rack mounted it after a few months learning curve on my lap. I've still got to find time to rig up the electronic patching and outboard mixing, and put in a few pads elsewhere. The electronification plan is coming together!

These pics are maybe a bit dark, there's lots of dark coloured walls in the new studio, but I hope the're okay. Oh and there's also an old picture of a setup with 3 toms on the rack, but I rarely use that setup now. 2 is enough for me, and the Mandala kind of fills the space perfectly. :twisted:

Hope you all are well and laying down as many grooves as possible, see you all around the 'traps'.

:arrow: kimono 8)
http://www.mooker.tv
http://www.myspace.com/kimonomooker
myvanpounds
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:51 am

dude I hate to break it to ya but pearl did a crappy job matching colors
kimono
new
new

Post Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:11 pm

Yee ha, thanks for that. The burst is a little pronounced but looks better in real life ! anyway more to the point it sounds like a good match...
Spydr2000
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:44 am

If you contacted Pearl and showed them the picture they would replace that tom. They are a great company and stand behind their products.
kimono
new
new

Post Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:40 pm

I'm actually not phased, because it sounds fine. In fact I was oblivious to the problem until you guys pointed it out! Maybe I'm colour blind after all. :twisted: Although if you look at the 12" tom maybe that was the one with the problem, not enough purple burst...