Drummers that wear glasses.

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

ihitwithstix
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:48 am

i have been playing for 27 years and i bet 20 of them i have wore glasses. i play anything from jazz to metal and have never had a problem.
BHS tenor
new
new

Post Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:55 pm

I too can see nothing without my glasses so I wear them all the time. Now my watch on the other hand...I always take it off before I play. My left hand is weak enough as it is, I don't need the extra weight of a watch bogging it down.
Denny19
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:40 pm

Luckily I can survive without wearing my glasses when I'm playing; but I do sometimes wear them when I'm reading music (grades >_<), or having to sight read.
Members of Me Check them out.
Bonzo21290
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:44 pm

i never really think to remove my glasses, i always play with them on and i have encountered no problems in doing so
Zildjian
Pearl
DW
LP
Evans
Vic Firth.
Shredder
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:57 pm

Actually just broke my glasses today. In the future, I will NOT wear them while playing, that is all.

www.myspace.com/farfromrooted
bastardbaby
new
new

Post Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:33 pm

i used to try to play with my glasses on, but they would always fog up and fall off haha so i decided to play without them, and i think its a lot better
sharkscott
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:14 pm

I have played for twenty years now and the first 6 or so I wore contact lenses but since then I have worn glasses. I have always played heavy and I am surprised that I have not lost them playing yet.

/knocks on wood..

Then again, I do not have the long hair anymore or move my head as much I used too.
The only difference between Genius and Stupidity is, that Genius has its limits.
Call me Gideon
session drummer
session drummer

Post Tue May 15, 2007 8:32 am

A lot of times I start out wearin my glasses but then before the night is out, they have to come off because Im sweatin and theyre sliding down my nose and its just annoying. Ive also smacked myself in the face and knocked lenses out but thats rare. You finish the song and wonder why you cant see a damn thing! lol
www.myspace.com/lookingtodrum
Tama, Saluda, Evans, Pro-Mark/Vic Firth/Silverfox
stump

Post Tue May 15, 2007 8:48 am

Can't help you dude...20/20 here. But on the eye sight thing, if you want to see a cool drum solo check out you-tube.com and watch Stevie Wonder, yes a blind man, bust out and awesome drum solo!!
It's so important to make best friends in life!

Tama,PDP and Medicine Man Drums, Zildjian, Remo, Roc-n-Soc, DW and Pro-mark.

sarcasmsetyourhouseonfire
groove master
groove master

Post Tue May 15, 2007 8:48 am

i wear them. gotta.

i'm blind as a bat. if i don't wear them, i could miss cues. plus i wouldn't really get to experience what was going on around me.

if they fall off, buy one of those nerd-straps they use to make kids wear in gym class.

it may not look super sweet, but it works.
drumsforlife
session drummer
session drummer

Post Tue May 15, 2007 12:26 pm

I play with my glasses on, and have never had a problem with the falling off during a show. One time, however, I smacked myself in the face with the stick and knocked out one of the lenses, but that's all. Sometimes when I'm getting into the moment during a song, I start playing with my eyes closed. I know it's weird, but at times, I hear the music better that way.

I'm part of the brotherhood of like-minded individuals who like to bang on things.
sharkscott
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue May 15, 2007 4:31 pm

Sometimes when I'm getting into the moment during a song, I start playing with my eyes closed. I know it's weird, but at times, I hear the music better that way.

Your not alone in doing that..I miss seeing half of the gigs I play because I do that.
The only difference between Genius and Stupidity is, that Genius has its limits.
Daza73
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed May 16, 2007 11:33 pm

contacts... or you could go the old granpa style and put the string thing that goes on the end of your glasses hahahaha
BillRayDrums
Member Of The Year 2010
Member Of The Year 2010

Post Thu May 17, 2007 12:18 am

I used to practice in a completely darkened room for the devlopment of my tactile sense. You should work on developing a sense of "where things are" on your kit rather than having to see them visually.
Joezeppi
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu May 17, 2007 11:20 pm

I absolutely have to wear contacts. When I tried playing with glasses they would be slipping constantly from sweating. Damn italian traits..