Sabian AAXplosion Question

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

zen_drummer
groove master
groove master

Post Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:08 am

I just called Sabian on the phone...

The first one with the rough bell is the current production model. If you go to the site and Download the new catalogue you'll see the new (first picture) logo as well.
PaulZILLA
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:32 am

the second is the one ive seen more of recently. but th ey both are still being made. just 2 slightly diff logos and make
Get KRUNK...Its A Death Metal Thing.
AugustHouseDrums
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:51 pm

I've had both logos with the raw bell. They have all sounded great. I've been playing AAXplosions for about 5-6 years and have only broken 2 of them, very durable cymbals.
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:01 am

downshifter99 wrote:The second pic is the newer model.

You do NOT have to hit them hard to get full volume(hence the word:Xplosion).

They will last a long time(I've been playing AAXplosions for about 5-6 years now)as long as you hit the cymbal properly.Most people hit/smash/quash a cymbal...WRONG :shock: ...and they will hit it harder thinking(that being wrong)that it will give more volume.Certain cymbals have certain volumes....that CANNOT be forced to give more than they have :idea: !!!

To me:These cymbals ARE the best ones out there!!!

I have an 18" & 19"......blended w/a 17" HH thin crash........perfection :!:

its good to hear that they blend with the hh thins because i was seriously looking at the 17" hh thin crash, as well as the 19" hh thin and the 16" aaxplosion. if i could get those i would be set.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
AugustHouseDrums
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:42 pm

I just checked the AAXplosion I bought a couple weeks ago and it is the same as the first picture.
zen_drummer
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:41 pm

PaulZILLA wrote:the second is the one ive seen more of recently. but th ey both are still being made.

According to Sabian, they are not both being made, the first pic is the current model. Some stores have old inventory in stock.