ViejaGuardia...direct from Puerto Rico

Do You have a good stuff to show us? Share your photo, video, mp3, lyrics etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Xybalba
new
new

Post Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:25 am

...hey fellow skin-bashers...i just got the link to this site and i couldn't resist checking it...i see some of my fellow 'rican bands are already spreading the flavor around...i can tell you, if you haven't been to our beloved island or haven't hear any band hailing from PR yet...take a seat, fasten your seat belts and let the ride begin...because we have a lot of very talented musicians around and some of them are already making the difference in other continents...

but that was just a little introduction of my island and the bands we have here...its up to all of you to take some time and check them out...

now, my little project is only 7 months old...we are ViejaGuardia...i took the name from the phrase 'old school' kind of music...or music from the old school...and sometimes ppl taught it meant an old cop...either way is fine with me...

you can check our website and also our myspace page...please leave comments and opinions...its very important to me...

www.bandaViejaGuardia.com
www.myspace.com/bandaViejaGuardia

the mp3's and videos were recorded using my camcorder and then using CoolEdit to transfer them to audio...meaning, its not an studio recording in no sense...no mix, no eq's...no nothing...just the music...

thanx for reading...read you all later...
loop
session drummer
session drummer

Post Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:33 am

Here's a direct link to Xybalba's myscpace

http://www.myspace.com/bandaViejaGuardia

Your band rocks. I enjoyed listening to your songs
dim my eyes if they should compromise
Xybalba
new
new

Post Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:44 am

thanx dude...its still a newborn project...we have a few more tricks to develop yet...
Carter
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:02 pm

nice!
Tama drums!
Xybalba
new
new

Post Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:11 am

thanx guys...we have already 11 songs, which we are polishing in order to take to the studio and record this year if God help us...

so far, 10 are in spanish and 1 is in english...i've been writing all this summer and i have 6 more lyrics ready and im ready to start putting music to them...we are not metal...we are hard rock, heavily influenced by the mighty and glorious 80's...with a little dash of all our influences, being them hard, hair, glam, progressive, metal, you name it...

this band is about having fun while sweating music form our inside out...it is our way of life...