Christian Heavy Metal?

Post here anything about the world of drumming. Equipment, music, drum gear, artists, events, gigs, and anything else drum set related!

Moderator: Moderators

Hamlin
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:24 pm

The whole "evil, death, satanism," whatever youu want to call it is an image. Except for Norway where the really do burn churches.
Multibomber
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:06 am

As I Lay Dying's lyrics are inconsequential. I think I've heard like 3 of their songs where you could understand what the dude was screaming... BTW, "94 Hours" is one of the most ridiculously awesome metal songs ever written. That style of music, the words arent delivering the message, the music is... the words dont even matter. It could be instrumental for all I care. Go ahead, download "94 Hours" and listen... its obvious that the drums and guitar are delivering the message
break the prism
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:55 am

stump wrote:
Hamlin wrote:Heh heh, I believe Slayer's bass player is a devote Christian.

That's just wrong!

it's actually true, but he doesn't let his religion stand in the way of King's songwriting.
Beat on.
Beej
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:20 pm

Christian music can come from ANY genre. Aside from Stryper, there were alot more and alot better christian metal bands as far as being heavy and staying within realm of christianity lyrically. Look up Leviticus and Barren Cross. They were heavier than Stryper, and I really like Stryper mind you, and still brought the message. It's your music and it's your conviction...how can it be wrong?
Gaddabout
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:32 pm

screamkevin wrote:Sure, Billy Graham thought that they were Satan re-incarnated, but then again, he's a money-grubbing moron.

I'm pretty sure you're picking on the wrong guy here. The late Billy Graham was not known for making social statements and was not part of the Moral Majority coalition. I'm betting you are thinking of Pat Robertson or (more likely) the late Jerry Falwell.