New Deftones CD

General discussion about anything!

Moderator: Moderators

MasterShake89
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:37 pm

they're gonna be heading out on tour with a really cool band called The fall of troy.
insultinjury
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:06 am

I can't imagine a drummer not liking the Deftones... Abe is the shit for real, and IMO the band has never put out a bad album. I understand tastes and all so I can see maybe not liking some music, not to mention they tend to change every album, but you at least got to respect how good they are at what they do. Personally I love it all. And Team Sleep. And somehow it feels like I change at the same pace they are. :shock:
I play Pearl, Zildjian, Sabian.

http://www.myspace.com/31050437
Flatliner
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:20 pm

MasterShake89 wrote:they're gonna be heading out on tour with a really cool band called The fall of troy.

The Fall of Troy is an awesome band, they should be headling that tour.
M.U.S.I.C.- Make up something interesting and complementary- Neil Peart

Without music, Life would be an error- Friedrich Nietzsche
MasterShake89
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:30 pm

fall of troy still remains underground kinda tho. even tho i like them a lot, and that would draw me to a concert more then the deftones. the deftones have much more of a name built for them.
BrandonIzm
new
new

Post Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:16 pm

Me too....
chris_stuff_er
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:44 pm

Piddywiffle wrote:
Qbs wrote:Mine favourit track is the instrumental one - U,U,D,D,L,R,L,R,A,B,Select,Start[/
quote]

:shock:

might be U,U,D,D,L,R,L,R,B,A,Select,Start....

At least if it's referanced to the contra "30 lives" code then it would be that.... HAHA, funny I remember that code too... Im such a cheater :lol:

Good catch, but am I the only one that recognizes this as the Konami Code? It actually worked on many Konami games, but yes, this is most famous in Contra. Which totally rocks.

I'm stoked The Fall of Troy is playing with the Deftones, but I do not believe they should be headlining, as previously mentioned. Deftones have earned that right. I will say that anything they do will barely reach the perfection that White Pony achieved, but I too have been amazed at how much they've been able to reinvent themselves, while staying fairly close to their roots. I'm privileged enough to catch them 2 nights in a row at Dallas's House of Blues! I'm totally totally and utterly stoked...to the bone...cowabunga...alright, that was just ridiculous.

I saw Fall of Troy the last time they came through, and they blew me away. The guitarist is amazing. He was crowd surfing, grasping the mic, while still wailing with only one hand on his guitar. I can't believe how amazing it sounded. The only setback was that his side of the stage had the power trip 3 times, causing them to restart or continue songs half the way through. Their new album, "Manipulator," will be out on May 1st, and I've already heard a leaked copy. I can't say I enjoy it as much as "Doppelganger" yet. I don't know if it is because it sounds unmastered, or if they're just doing new things with the vocals, but the singing just isn't on par with the instrumentation, at least on the new album. I mean, in general, that is still true, but you'll all just have to hear it to know what I mean.
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/orangepeelsunshine">Orange Peel Sunshine</a>
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/farfromrooted">Far From Rooted</a>
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/kersskerner">Kers Skerner</a>