Tama Warlord Series

Tama, Pearl, Yamaha, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:42 am
Location: Illinois

Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:27 pm

pooJken wrote:hopefully i have in 6 month the valkyrie added to my drum kit


$100/month. Not bad.... I barely make crap in a month though! >.<
I proudly play with Tama (snare drums), PDP, Sabian, LP, Paiste, Vic Firth, Aquarian (bass and snare heads), and Remo (tom heads)brands! My biggest drummer influences are Mic Fleetwood, Nicko McBrain, and Mike Portnoy.
User avatar
pooJken
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: Nijmegen, the Netherlands

Post Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:05 am

phoenix7289 wrote:
pooJken wrote:hopefully i have in 6 month the valkyrie added to my drum kit


$100/month. Not bad.... I barely make crap in a month though! >.<


to be honest, is 200 in three months:P
i'm saving money to get a TAMA PTS
Dale
session drummer
session drummer
Posts: 537
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:21 am
Location: Aus

Post Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:57 am

I'd like the bell brass model.
I don't know what I'm talking about!

"Don't play FOR people. Play WITH people."
- Papa Jo Jones
User avatar
Scott_Hurford
session drummer
session drummer
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:47 am
Location: Swansea, Wales

Post Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:30 pm

Dale wrote:I'd like the bell brass model.


tht will burn a hugh hole in your pocket :lol:
Tama/Zildjian/Remo/Vater
www.myspace.com/scotthurford
Image
Image
User avatar
zen_drummer
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1898
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:17 pm
Location: Rochester NY

Post Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:26 pm

The thing sure is pretty, but is there a drum out there that sounds as good for less money?

Remember when you buy something like this, even if you LOVE the way it sounds, those good looks are expensive and don't contribute to the sound of the drum.

Personally, I often go for the good looking stuff even though it's a waste of money for most people!

I like cool stuff!
Image
User avatar
Scott_Hurford
session drummer
session drummer
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:47 am
Location: Swansea, Wales

Post Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:38 pm

zen_drummer wrote:The thing sure is pretty, but is there a drum out there that sounds as good for less money?

Remember when you buy something like this, even if you LOVE the way it sounds, those good looks are expensive and don't contribute to the sound of the drum.

Personally, I often go for the good looking stuff even though it's a waste of money for most people!

I like cool stuff!


coundn't agree more :wink:
Tama/Zildjian/Remo/Vater
www.myspace.com/scotthurford
Image
Image
User avatar
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:42 am
Location: Illinois

Post Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:45 pm

zen_drummer wrote:The thing sure is pretty, but is there a drum out there that sounds as good for less money?

Remember when you buy something like this, even if you LOVE the way it sounds, those good looks are expensive and don't contribute to the sound of the drum.

Personally, I often go for the good looking stuff even though it's a waste of money for most people!

I like cool stuff!


All the way!!! haha 8)
I proudly play with Tama (snare drums), PDP, Sabian, LP, Paiste, Vic Firth, Aquarian (bass and snare heads), and Remo (tom heads)brands! My biggest drummer influences are Mic Fleetwood, Nicko McBrain, and Mike Portnoy.
User avatar
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1455
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:42 am
Location: Illinois

Post Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:49 pm

pooJken wrote:
phoenix7289 wrote:
pooJken wrote:hopefully i have in 6 month the valkyrie added to my drum kit


$100/month. Not bad.... I barely make crap in a month though! >.<


to be honest, is 200 in three months:P
i'm saving money to get a TAMA PTS


I am about to buy some Paiste RUDE hi hats, ~$300, so I don't know, that'll be painful. However my friend is putting forth $200. lol
Lots of money and yah, but we shall see. These are going to be AwEsOmE!!!! lol I am going to then probably save up for a really nice snare drum, a Paiste RUDE 18" Crash Ride, or maybe a double pedal, OR A WHOLE NEW SET!!! 8)
I proudly play with Tama (snare drums), PDP, Sabian, LP, Paiste, Vic Firth, Aquarian (bass and snare heads), and Remo (tom heads)brands! My biggest drummer influences are Mic Fleetwood, Nicko McBrain, and Mike Portnoy.
User avatar
pooJken
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: Nijmegen, the Netherlands

Post Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:42 am

phoenix7289 wrote:I am about to buy some Paiste RUDE hi hats, ~$300, so I don't know, that'll be painful. However my friend is putting forth $200. lol
Lots of money and yah, but we shall see. These are going to be AwEsOmE!!!! lol I am going to then probably save up for a really nice snare drum, a Paiste RUDE 18" Crash Ride, or maybe a double pedal, OR A WHOLE NEW SET!!! 8)


You're going to put some RUDE cymbals to your Sabian set
That's Interesting!!
If it's possible, make a sound sample how it sounds!!