Tama Warlord Series

Tama, Pearl, Yamaha, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Scott_Hurford
session drummer
session drummer

Post Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:13 pm

This is the new series of Tama Snare drums - The Warlord Collection
http://www.tamadrum.co.jp/WarlordCollection/top.html

these are some of nicest looking and sounding snares i've ever seen/heard. the Spartan one is currently on my wish list.
check them out, tell me what u think. share your thoughts.

Thanx

~Scott~
Tama/Zildjian/Remo/Vater
www.myspace.com/scotthurford
Parrenze
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:30 pm

They really are rather beatiful. Not sure there'll fit in with many kits tho, but we shall see.
Rob Crisp
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:26 pm

Mate I'm TOTALLY with you on this! Just need to stumble acorss a few hundred notes now.

I think they'd look very nice alongside my Starclassic 8)
Vetis
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:12 am

What's funny is that I made a thread basically about a new dream of mine. That dream is to own an ENTIRE drumset that looks like the Valkyrie snare.

It sounds amazing, looks amazing, and if I had 600 dollars sitting around I would definately be drooling over it right now!
Vetis
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:20 am

I swear! Why though, is one of them, $1,600?! I mean, it's the same on NUMEROUS drum selling place's websites!!! :O
I DONT GET IT!!!!!
I proudly play with Tama (snare drums), PDP, Sabian, LP, Paiste, Vic Firth, Aquarian (bass and snare heads), and Remo (tom heads)brands! My biggest drummer influences are Mic Fleetwood, Nicko McBrain, and Mike Portnoy.
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:06 am

phoenix7289 wrote:I swear! Why though, is one of them, $1,600?! I mean, it's the same on NUMEROUS drum selling place's websites!!! :O
I DONT GET IT!!!!!

its that expensive because its 3mm bell brass...all bell brass snares are that espensive
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:52 pm

anavrinIV wrote:
phoenix7289 wrote:I swear! Why though, is one of them, $1,600?! I mean, it's the same on NUMEROUS drum selling place's websites!!! :O
I DONT GET IT!!!!!

its that expensive because its 3mm bell brass...all bell brass snares are that espensive

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Yah no wonder, because I was thinking, it doesn't even look as nice as the others! But ok thanks!!!
I proudly play with Tama (snare drums), PDP, Sabian, LP, Paiste, Vic Firth, Aquarian (bass and snare heads), and Remo (tom heads)brands! My biggest drummer influences are Mic Fleetwood, Nicko McBrain, and Mike Portnoy.
da_drum_bum
new
new

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:55 pm

i oove those they look awesome and sound awesome i whould recomend you gettin it
the names metal up your @$$
Papa John
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:13 pm

the praetorian...holy jesus does that sound beautiful. only if i had 1700 lol
i'd still be really happy with either the valkyrie or the spartan
Papa John's!
Better Ingredient. Better Pizza.

Looking forward:
Tama Starclassic Acrylic/Maple
Zildjian K Customs
N&C Alloy
(owns) Yamaha Direct Drive Flying Dragon
Vic Firth Steve Gadd Sign's
Pro Mark Thomas Lang Sign's
SmellsLikeIan
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:31 pm

MD gave them all good reviews, but Drum! magazine's product tester was not a fan of their sound....wonder why? Or does MD just give good reviews to just about everyone?
yee freakin' haw
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:39 pm

SmellsLikeIan wrote:MD gave them all good reviews, but Drum! magazine's product tester was not a fan of their sound....wonder why? Or does MD just give good reviews to just about everyone?

How strange.... dissing Tama is like running into a church and yelling out crap about God and Jesus.... tsk tsk they should be damned! :P
AMTJake
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:09 pm

The warlord series is unbelievable, I love the damn things, I was given the pleasure of playing the spartan and was very impressed. Now if I could get a few hundred bucks together before my next tour hahaha.
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:35 pm

AMTJake wrote:The warlord series is unbelievable, I love the damn things, I was given the pleasure of playing the spartan and was very impressed. Now if I could get a few hundred bucks together before my next tour hahaha.

I don't think I could even see myself playing it!!! More like put it on display sheesh!!!
tamauk
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:36 pm

i am sure we have had this conversation b4.

but hey.

they are awesome. go and buy one.

i have just got one, and they are very adaptable.

they sound great

they will suit any gig.

i usually take 2 or 3 snares to a gig.

no longer,

this one does it all

cheers

tama uk
pooJken
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:00 pm

hopefully i have in 6 month the valkyrie added to my drum kit