I need advice!!

It's time to discuss drum accessories.

Moderator: Moderators

punkdrummergirl
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:06 pm

So I'm looking to get a new double bass pedal. I really haven't taken the time to see my options...all I know is my pedal sucks. Can anyone give me some advice on what I should get? I play fast punk, hardcore type music...
I know it's kind of personal preference...but I will take anyone's opinions. :)
Any info would be appreciated!!
Thanks,
Monica
tamadrummer321
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:16 pm

well my friend it is complety in someones preference. I had alot of trouble deciding this too. It was won of the biggest decions of my life, and i went with a 2nd bass drum instead. :D
But i have tried most of the aouble bass pedals. i like the Dw9000 the best becuase it has so much rebound with a very srtong attack. But extremly expenisve. The Dw500 is much like it but i beleive it doesnt have as much rebound. Then there is the Iron corbra this pedal u dont get alot of rebound. But u dont need to becuase it is so light, very fast pedal. Then there is always the axis they are extely exoensive but they go super fast.

If money not a problem DW9000 or Axis

I would recmond iron cobra and dw500 becuase thy are great pedals with a great price :wink:
Shalaq
session drummer
session drummer

Post Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:32 pm

Please search this forum for info, there are loads of opinions on double pedals here and there :) I think you'll find the info you're looking for.
Personally I use Iron Cobra and have no issues with it other than I would like to change it to Axis(but is extremely expensive in Poland- you could buy 2 Iron Cobra double pedals for the price).
Mapex, Istanbul Agop, Attack, Vater/O4D.
I want an endorsement :)
Quick link to the search engine:
http://www.drumsmylife.com/search.php
Will
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:54 pm

Any high level double pedal is going to be great, but not necessarily to your taste

Go to a shop where you can try then all in a row next to each other
lee
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:38 pm

I've recently started learning double pedal and bought a Tama iron cobra powerglide. I tried a a few different pedals out but this was my favourite, plus my last single pedal was a Tama and it's still going strong after 12 years and several hundred gigs.
I'd try a few out of different price ranges so you can get the feel of what you get for your money. Depending on how far your budget stretches, the iron cobra, DW9000 and Pearl Eliminator are common favourites.
Good Luck!
punkdrummergirl
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:59 pm

Shalaq wrote:Please search this forum for info, there are loads of opinions on double pedals here and there :) I think you'll find the info you're looking for.
Personally I use Iron Cobra and have no issues with it other than I would like to change it to Axis(but is extremely expensive in Poland- you could buy 2 Iron Cobra double pedals for the price).

Thanks for all the helpful info...and yes, I'll search the forum, sorry for being such a n00b...I think I was just being lazy. I'm willing to spend a decent amount of money...but probably no more than $350?? I really haven't decided yet. I'll look into the pedals you guys are talking about, sounds great...thanks again!
Vetis
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:13 pm

Look into Pearl Eliminators. I live by them...until I can afford Axis...
Vetis
ABNORMALITY
new
new

Post Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:14 pm

Axis all the way!! But if you can't afford it, you can buy the axis drive shaft. It adapts to any pedal. The axis double pedals are the only pedals that really feel like your playing 2 kick drums. The linkages on their drive shaft is different than all others. It won't bind or lag on you, it feels like 2 kicks.