Mini Timbales

Pearl, Tama, Yamaha, DW, Ludwig, Premier, Mapex etc.

Moderator: Moderators

tamadrummer321
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:12 pm

has anybody ever tried mini timbales? I dont know what ones to get the TAMA ones or the LP ones???what is ur opinion...also whould u rather get a pair of bongos or these??

thanks
drummert2k

Post Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:06 pm

mini timbales are awesome. i used to have a pair off to the left of my kit so i could play a sort of clave with them with my left hand while playing the rest of the kit with my right hand and feet. or you can mount them up to the left of your smallest tom to give you more drums to run down for some interesting fills.
Dale
session drummer
session drummer

Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:37 am

tamadrummer321 wrote:has anybody ever tried mini timbales? I dont know what ones to get the TAMA ones or the LP ones???what is ur opinion...also whould u rather get a pair of bongos or these??

thanks

I've checked out the LP mini timbales and they seem okay. Very expensive for what they are though in my part of the world.

I got myself a stainless steel set of the timbalitos. I think they are a better and more versatile option. At least in Australia. Here's a picture of the brass shell models.

I cannot comment on the TAMA models.
I don't know what I'm talking about!

"Don't play FOR people. Play WITH people."
- Papa Jo Jones
SkinBeater
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:26 pm

I have the LP 6" and 8" on my kit as high toms.. love em.. you an check them out here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq-iABCas9Y
"Hold the red star proudly..."

Check out more vids at... www.myspace.com/shogun_warrior32