Design your own sticks :)

It's time to discuss drum accessories.

Moderator: Moderators

meffajeffa
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:11 pm

what would you make?

I've been hoping that Vic Firth would one day make their classic 5A's in maple, but with a small ball tip. That'd be just perfect for me.

I guess the slightly longer Vater maple Cymbal Sticks with a ball tip will have to do, but the feel just ain't like my maple Vic Firth AH5A's.

I guess anything in a maple stick with a long shoulder for quick rebound, a meatie 5A like grip, and a ball tip for that articulation would make me happy to no end.

meffajeffa
Shalaq
session drummer
session drummer

Post Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:32 pm

I don't know, but I'd choose Vaters New Orleans as the core- 1 stick with a big nylon tip and a little beefier and the 2 stick with a small wood tip and a fast taper.
Mapex, Istanbul Agop, Attack, Vater/O4D.
I want an endorsement :)
Quick link to the search engine:
http://www.drumsmylife.com/search.php
TrunJun
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:31 pm

I would use a bunch of staples and paperclips, wired together after many hours of manual work and pot smoking... then I would duct-tape not a ball, but a cone shaped backwards on the end of them... and i'd reinforce it all with elmers glue! Damned horses need to die faster!

heh...
Its not even that hard to play, its just hard to count! Fuck it!
Jiggarelli
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:17 pm

I'd use what I use now! A maple 8A shortened just a tiny bit. Very close to the sd4 combo by Firth in between a standard 8A and that...
Go Vater!
Jayson Asbury
For information regarding the products that I endorse please visit me on the web or on myspace @ www.myspace.com/jaysonasburydrummer
& @ www.jaysonasbury.com
Stick It!
quikstang2
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:17 pm

I use ProMark Portnoy's which I really like, but they could be longer with a wood tip(I shatter nylon tips). And I used the Acid Jazz sticks too, no complaints orther than they seem heavy for how thin they are.
For heavier stuff, I like my Vater Rocks just fine. Those thing take a hell of a beating without breaking, and they're not too heavy with good thickness. Maybe just a tad bit longer.
8-piece Mapex Vx
5-piece Premier 1960s vintage

custom vintage Mapex 5-piece (for sale)
Johnny Cat
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:58 am

I would love to have a stick that's basically a Regal Tip 7A, but longer, and made from oak, with a slightly larger tip. I haven't been able to find anything like it yet.
Tama Rockstar Custom 10-Pc
Paiste and Sabian cymbals
Tama "RoadPro" Hardware
Axis "X" Longboard Pedals
Regal Tip "Jazz E" and Promark "Elvin Jones" and "747" Drumsticks
Regal Tip "Ed Thigpen" Brushes
Remo and Evans Drumheads