YAHAMA STAGE CUSTOM ADVANTAGE

You have a Kit that You're proud of it? We want to see it!

Moderator: Moderators

Mattayo
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:24 pm

Heyo! here's my kit.. ermmm.. about.. 2 years old i think.. survived lots of transportation and stuff and looks neat still!!

Rigged up with:
REMO weatherking pinstripes all around.. except
EVANS visible power center dot

I use Zildjian ZXT all around.. dirty cymbols. they sound.. ok. i hate my 16" rock crash. the 18" med thin is awesome.. same goes for the 12" splash.. 18" china i used to hate when new.. but i guess it grew on me.. sounds awesome! and.. ermm 14" hats.

standard rock size toms.. tuned to my personal perfection.
snare is cranked right up.. real tight.. and.. i gotta DW 7000 series double pedal.
nickbaldwin
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:46 pm

Nice, man.

I'm in the process of getting my stage custom, just gotta get a tom or two and I'm done. I fell in love with these drums when my school got a kit, the finishes are kickass (I got gloss natural), and they are nice and warm.

Nice setup, looks nice and easy to play.
Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage drums
Gibraltar 9600 hardware
Meinl Byzance cymbals
Pearl snare
Mattayo
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:01 pm

cheers buddie.. saying they're warm is a good way of describing it actually! i like that.. at college.. theres like 10 kits.. and theres only 1 of these out of that lot.. its the ermm nouveau.. i think thats how its spelt.. and its the best sounding kit there!!
how many toms you setting up!? you splashing out loads from the account or going second hand?
nickbaldwin
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:08 pm

I'm getting everything new, amount of toms err I'll start with just 1 floor, I like playing like that, more room for cymbals, but if i need more I'll prob go up to 6 piece. God help me if thats not enough.... I'm not a tom person so should be good.
Yamaha Stage Custom Advantage drums
Gibraltar 9600 hardware
Meinl Byzance cymbals
Pearl snare
Mattayo
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:18 pm

ahh dood!! you need toms.. otherwise all your stuff'll sound like.. varied noise. or however ya wanna call it.. if you can work the floor with the bass then you could get some pretty lush stuff off that if thats your thing.. =]