phoenix7289 making a return with new pics!

You have a Kit that You're proud of it? We want to see it!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: phoenix7289 making a return with new pics!

Postby drumsmylife » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:35 am

I will envy you as well if you will make this upgrades.
please place pic of this set after work.
drumsmylife
DML owner
DML owner

Help our forum grow and visit our sponsors pages!

Help DML grow and visit pages on left!

Postby phoenix7289 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:35 am

lol this will be years in the making. But it would be a Terry Bozzio'ish set with cage and all. :P
I proudly play with Tama (snare drums), PDP, Sabian, LP, Paiste, Vic Firth, Aquarian (bass and snare heads), and Remo (tom heads)brands! My biggest drummer influences are Mic Fleetwood, Nicko McBrain, and Mike Portnoy.
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master

Postby drumsmylife » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:29 am

you mean this one?:

buy lorry with it as well :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
drumsmylife
DML owner
DML owner

Postby TheYardstick » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:13 am

Nice kit. Still working on emulating Nicko?
"I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we are reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for?"-Franz Kafka

My Last.fm
TheYardstick
groove master
groove master

Postby phoenix7289 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:24 am

Hey guys sorry for the late response! I didn't get an email alerting me to any new replies. :( But I just checked and sure enough a few new posts!

@ Mr. DML Owner himself, yes, Terry Bozzio's kit/Mike Portnoy's kit are two big influences for my setup.... but I think in the long-run, mine will surpass Mike Portnoy's... at one point my kit was almost as big as his!

Yes, you see 3 rides in these pictures. ;P Sold the one on the right side of the kit, the very Earthy Sabian, which was a 22" (I believe the following is true... I could be wrong) raw Hand Hammered ride. Someone also I think buried it for awhile too. That's why it is so dark. I brought it into Sam Ash... and one of the associates broke the rules, but I didn't care, he offered me more money than Sam Ash did... and he was begging me for it. He absolutely loved the thing. So hey! One man's trash (it really wasn't trash to me at all) is another man's treasure!

@TheYardStick, yeah man, though I think Mike Portnoy more nowadays, as his drumming is easier and more fluid for me to grasp, I don't get why I have an easier time with Mike's. After all, he is the one who is typically more complex in his work, idk, I still love Nicko and I still play along to his stuff. But hey, I can honestly say I've met the both of them now and feel blessed by that! So emulation? Sure! In time! :)

oh yeah... bit of a hair difference. >_> My hair in the pic with Nicko is far superior.

Next up, more lists! ;P
I proudly play with Tama (snare drums), PDP, Sabian, LP, Paiste, Vic Firth, Aquarian (bass and snare heads), and Remo (tom heads)brands! My biggest drummer influences are Mic Fleetwood, Nicko McBrain, and Mike Portnoy.
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master

Postby phoenix7289 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:50 am

How could I forget? After getting the heads done, I also added some very nice scenery. Enjoy!

phoenix7289
groove master
groove master

Postby phoenix7289 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:37 am

So I was very bored this morning at around 6 AM, which is far too early to play the drums... so...

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=433062927460

So long as you have a facebook account and you're logged in, you should be able to watch the video! :P
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master

Postby drumsmylife » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:51 am

Nice video phoenix!

And your drum set form the garden looks really impressive! :!:

And beer for you for Iron maiden tshirt;)
drumsmylife
DML owner
DML owner

Postby phoenix7289 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:06 am

Thank you much Mr. DML!

Yeah, I need to hopefully get my newer kit out there in the yard on one of the sunnier warmer days.. if any are left. >_< This new kit looks so gorgeous in sunlight.. I tell you, the day I brought my kit home from Sam Ash and then the days I brought different drums from it in to Sam Ash for the heads, seeing it reflect in the sunlight, GORGEOUS!!!!

*salute* on Iron Maiden shirt reference! :)

I'll have to get some more pictures up soon, just did some re-arranging yesterday as I found some hardware that had been laying around and got my 19" china and 16" Sabian crash moved around a bit to be easier to access, as well as putting my Paiste Blue Bell Ride back on my kit.. a ride like that doesn't deserve the floor. >_< Also got my 2002 8" Accent bell back up on the kit too.

Also, right now, really looking into getting a Paiste Signature Reflector 19" Heavy Full Crash when I have the cash.
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master

Postby possumofdestruction » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:14 pm

Ah another single pedal metal player. Nice to see!
bash, bang, slam, whatever, yeah, ima drummer.
possumofdestruction
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby phoenix7289 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:31 pm

possumofdestruction wrote:Ah another single pedal metal player. Nice to see!

Hell yeah man! \m/
Though I will admit I'd like to get a matching bass drum for this kit because 2 kicks can really help with some of those more intricate beats and rhythms.
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master

Postby possumofdestruction » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:51 am

Yea I hear ya, I can and like to play double kick sometimes but it can become a hassle for me.
possumofdestruction
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby phoenix7289 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:55 am

possumofdestruction wrote:Yea I hear ya, I can and like to play double kick sometimes but it can become a hassle for me.

Yeah it definitely makes intricate hi-hat work a bit tougher to pull off.
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master

Postby possumofdestruction » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:58 am

Oh, definitely. And the fact that your hi hat moves to another area code.
possumofdestruction
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby phoenix7289 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:20 am

possumofdestruction wrote:Oh, definitely. And the fact that your hi hat moves to another area code.

This... so much of this.
phoenix7289
groove master
groove master

PreviousNext

Return to Show Us Your Kit!