Evans Hi Energy Equivelant?

It's time to discuss drum accessories.

Moderator: Moderators

pow3rtr1p
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:34 pm

I have an Aquarian Hi Energy snare head right now. It sound great, with the crack I was looking for, and just the right amount of ring, with a great rimshot sound. When these heads give out, I plan on going all Evans, so as not to become a fanboy. So, what head would be similar to a Hi Energy? I was looking at a Reverse Dot, but I'm not sure if it's what I'm looking for. If it's a little less dead than the Hi Energy, but just a durable head with similar sound characteristivs is what I'm looking for.

Thanks,
pow3rtr1p
Sonor Drums, Evans and Aquarian Heads, Saluda Cymbals, Vic Firth Sticks

14" Glory Hats, 16" Diamond Rock Crash (Cracked...), 22" Symbolic Ride
14" Pre-Aged Voodoo China
AmnestysLowEnd
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:47 pm

I have the Hi-energy too, before I had a Evans Power Center and it was a great head aswell.
7 piece Pearl EXR
Saluda cymbals
SGarrett

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:30 pm

According to the comparison chart there isn't anything else like the Hi-Energy; http://aquariandrumheads.com/drumhead_tips/default.asp

If you're looking for different sounds, by all means try new heads. If you just want to buy a different brand to be different, stick with what you like. :)
"If the goal is for me to give up my reality for your reality, then the goal is for me to give up my self for your self--a goal I have to reject."