Drum rack or individual stands?

It's time to discuss drum accessories.

Moderator: Moderators

Do you use a drum rack or individual stands for your set?

Drum rack
47%
Individual stands
53%

Total votes: 36
titaniumSS
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:27 pm

Stands. They give me the flexibility I need to be as OCD with my setup as I want lol. Plus I don't like racks......well, on women, yes. Drums, no lol.
www.myspace.com/episodefour
www.myspace.com/breakthebad

DW drums (8x10, 9x12, 11x14, 13x16, 18x22), Zildjian cymbals, 2 DW and OCDP snares, Vater/3drumsticks drumsticks, Roland electronics, Audix mics, Remo heads.
Steaky
session drummer
session drummer

Post Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:09 am

Stands because I believe they give me a better set-up. I just don't like Racks. I had both the Pearl which boxed me in and made small venues impossible, and a Gibraltar tube hung from 2 crash stands on either side of my kit. That was alright, but I simplified me set-up and the image of the Rack in the music circles I move in has generally been retired to that of Hair Rock. Yes I would be crucified if I showed up with a Rack.
You can own the greatest drum ever made, but it won't change how well you can play it!
drumsjbutten
new
new

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:54 am

rack for me is ace cos my kits is big and you can so many cymbals into any space you like,

thats my view on it anyways :)

8)
ShadowDrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:04 am

Rack using the cymbaly tops and keep the bases in my trunk... best of bost worlds and do my best to know how much space before hand, all is good (Until In n' Out denied me an 8x8 before a gig :evil: :twisted: :shock: )
Pearl Drums

Paiste Cymbals

Vater Sticks

Evans Heads