bass drum beaters

It's time to discuss drum accessories.

Moderator: Moderators

goatatl
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:04 pm

The Iron Cobras definitely feel different than anything else I've played; I've been using the Rhythm Tech hard plastic beaters for years, but they just don't work w\ the IC; The Tama wood beaters feel & sound best to me. For my money, though, once you get used to them, there's no going back.
G
Howepirate

Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:38 pm

quikstang2 wrote:howepirate, you are the man... well Derek is the man, but you quoted him so it's all good.

Go with the Derek Roddy method guys. It works perfectly.

And I believe that he's still using Axis A longboards with Danmar felt beaters, not that it matters.

it was his forum board...not his post but thank you anywayz.

oh and i believe he only uses the felt beaters on his practice kit. He uses the pearl quad beaters on his regular kicks.
PaulZILLA
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:40 pm

DW beaters are ok. personaly i use SLUG percusion beaters. or TRICK detonator beaters. the SLUG's are actualy quite fast. very light. and come in several models to best fit anybody. check drumgearonline.com for em. TRICK is available on musiciansfriends. as are a few SLUG models check em out. they are insane. i use the SLUG POWER beater with the punch colar. works some wonders. for speed the jazz titanium = godly
Get KRUNK...Its A Death Metal Thing.
Mikkey
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:30 am

All I can say is to grease the thing and adjust the spring tension. I always hate pedals at first because I'm picking and like to adjust them very finely to my comfort zone. On the beater issue, I use the DW maple wood beaters (only DW product I have other than my snare stand). Wood beaters: I like them because they have that click-pound sound. I have kick pads too. However, heads go quicker with the wood.