Best of both worlds?

It's time to discuss drum accessories.

Moderator: Moderators

Damagedrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:03 pm

A while ago I posted a topic about wether to buy drum cases or bags and really got some helpfull responses, but in the search for durable protection I've noticed that you can either buy bags, wich have a soft interior and also a 'soft' outer protection. Or cases wich have hard inside protection, wich might scrath your drums, but also have solid hard outer protection.

The thing is, my drums have black coated hardware and I'm terrified of scrathing that by putting in and taking out the drums, so I was wandering if there isn't a way to protect your drums with the best of both worlds. Like cases, with the inside protection of a bag. Or bags with a hard outer shell? Of course I could buy large cases and put bags in there, but my tom sizes are huge and it would be way too expensive.

So does anyone know if such a thing exists?

I thought about getting bags for my toms and cases for the bassdrums. And then buy a really large flightcase in wich I could transport the bagged toms in. Would that be a good idea?

Thanks in advance!!
taataataataatatatatadakadakadakadakadak!
ShadowDrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:57 pm

SKB Roto-series cases are hardshell exterior and padded interior...not to mention the cases have lifetime warranty.
Pearl Drums

Paiste Cymbals

Vater Sticks

Evans Heads