butt kicker anyone??

It's time to discuss drum accessories.

Moderator: Moderators

yomega
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:44 am

cool. thanks for the info. It's much appreciated.

The buttkicker website has been out of stock for ages. I have found a couple websites that sell in individual bits eg- BK concert, amp, bracket....but no cables. Do you know what type of cables they use and how many is needed?

And so with the cross over, does that plug into the amp via a plug/cable?

i did manage to find this item which are the cables + quick connect/select package
http://www.amazon.com/ButtKicker-BK-QCP ... rhf_shvl_6

i'm sure once i finally purchase all of the necessary things i will have some questions regarding set up. however, thanks for the information you've provided thus far.
www.myspace.com/petermooreaus
Trick Drums |Trick Pedals | dB Drum Shoes | Vater Sticks
bermuda
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:01 pm

yomega wrote:And so with the cross over, does that plug into the amp via a plug/cable?

The crossover is a piece of outboard gear, so it connects with whatever cable is necessary to go from its output to the amp's input. Basically, the chain is:

Mic > mixer > mixer send > crossover > amp > Buttkicker

Bermuda
yomega
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:24 am

Hey Bermuda.

I just got purchased 2 Buttkicker concerts and wasn't sure about mounting brackets so i got 2 as well as the power amp. I'll get a cross over soon.

Just wondering what cables i need for the Buttkicker. If you buy the pack for drummers thats on the buttkicker site than it comes with cables, but i got mine from an online store. Any word on what cables it uses?

cheers.
bermuda
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:55 pm

You can basically use heavy-duty speaker wire (12 or 14 gauge is probably right) with whatever connectors are necessary for the other gear (banana plug, 1/4" plug, etc.) The ButtKicker itself just takes raw leads into its spring-clip terminals.
yomega
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:41 pm

Hi Bermuda. I now have the Buttkicker's with the brackets and an amplifier. I'm looking at crossover's now. I'm wondering what your powerpoints output of electricity level is in America. I ask this because in Australia powerpoints run off 240 volts, so if America is different and I buy the crossover from America then i'd need an adaptor.
I've been looking at the Ashly seeing you recommend it.
Cheers.
bermuda
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:54 pm

US voltage is 110-120. I don't know if your amp has a jumper inside for different voltage, but a power converter will work and serve the crossover at the same time.

Bermuda
yomega
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:40 pm

ive got the Buttkicker power amp.....which i ordered from the U.S as well.