attention all vic firth users

It's time to discuss drum accessories.

Moderator: Moderators

custom_sticks
drumming adept
drumming adept
Location: trapped in my girlfriend's bass drum, scared and alone. oh, and upper indiana.

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:07 pm

is vic grip worth the extra dollars?
Joezeppi wrote:I can see how people would bash you for using gloves, kind of like a quarterback that wears gloves, he just looks like Michael Jackson out there, and we all know Michael Jackson likes young boys.
SGarrett

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:15 pm

Interesting. I haven't seen that before. From the picture, it just looks like a piece of soft leather.
"If the goal is for me to give up my reality for your reality, then the goal is for me to give up my self for your self--a goal I have to reject."
custom_sticks
drumming adept
drumming adept
Location: trapped in my girlfriend's bass drum, scared and alone. oh, and upper indiana.

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:13 pm

yeah. my vic 5bns are kinda getting worn down. and im just wondering if it's worth it for the grippy things.
Joezeppi wrote:I can see how people would bash you for using gloves, kind of like a quarterback that wears gloves, he just looks like Michael Jackson out there, and we all know Michael Jackson likes young boys.
SGarrett

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:31 pm

All you do with the Vic Grip is rub it on the butt end of the sticks. It isn't like a grip tape or stick dip.

I'm more a fan of proper grip than grip enhancers.
"If the goal is for me to give up my reality for your reality, then the goal is for me to give up my self for your self--a goal I have to reject."
custom_sticks
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:54 pm

oh, it's not like dipsticks? (LOL!). because colin (my neighbor, to whom i give lessons to, i reference him a lot on this site) has zildjian 5As and they're dip... or something.

but when ever i see "SGarett" i think of your simpsons avatar. you gotta put him back up sometime lol.
SGarrett

Post Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:08 am

custom_sticks
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:42 pm

http://www.vicfirth.com/products/americ ... cgrip.html

scott thats what i was talking about ^^
SGarrett

Post Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:12 pm

Ah, those. I thought you meant the pad. :)

Just learn how to hold your sticks properly.
custom_sticks
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:12 am

its ok; i do :)
MRSTICKSTUFF
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:14 pm

Has anyone tried them all, Pro Grip? Vic Grip? Uni-Grip? Stick Stuff Grip?

Please help with your ideas and interest in my, "First of its Kind" Water-based grip so you can dip your own drumstick of choice. See link below V

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=5 ... SQTg_3d_3d

Have a Great Thanksgiving,

Mike
Mike Anderson
jnewlon_drum
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:11 pm

i normally use sticks that i find outside lol jk :lol:
ADD ME ON MYSPACE... www.myspace.com/drum_4life