Remote high hat help!!!

It's time to discuss drum accessories.

Moderator: Moderators

caution36877
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:12 pm

What does a remote high hat do? How does it work? HELP PLEASSSE.
SGarrett

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:25 am

It allows you to place your hats pretty much wherever you want while keeping the pedal where you normally have it. It works via a cable.
"If the goal is for me to give up my reality for your reality, then the goal is for me to give up my self for your self--a goal I have to reject."
caution36877
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:23 am

thats why some people have like 2 high hats in there kit sometimes. thanks man.
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:42 pm

there are also x-hat systems that hold a second set of hihats in a fixed open or closed position, depending on where you set it. it doesn't have a pedal and you can't open or close it on the fly like with normal hihats but you still have a second set of hats.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
Cymbalista
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:00 am

Like the earlier posters said it basically allows you to have your Hi-hat positioned anywhere around your kit you choose. I use a dual HH set up. I also use a dual ride set up too. One each on the left side one each on the right of center. My remote HH is positioned on my right side just above and in between my suspended 14 & 16" toms. My Right side ride is slightly above my HH. Yet my pedal for the remote HH is on the left side of the kit in between my stationary HH pedal and the second pedal of my double base drum pedal. So I have basically 3 pedals next to each other. one neat thing with this set up is when your playing a groove on your ride cymbal and keeping time with your high hat with a little practice you can switch pedals for every quarter note ( or whatever note your playing ) you get an alternating chick sound because every other chick comes from the opposite side of the kit. Visually it's also kinda cool watching people realize your HH's on both sides of the kit are moving. Lots of interesting stuff can be done. Or you can get a smaller 4 ft cable and use that as your primary hh and literally put it anywhere on the kit you want.
Cymbals & Snares -- Home of the " Other Name Brands " http://www.cymbalsandsnares.com
You tube channel www.cymbalsandsnares.youtube.com/ILDUCE61
Blog www.cymbalsandsnares.blogspot.com
Timekeep69

Post Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:57 pm

I have a second (x-hat) on my kit on the right hand side so when I do fills I can get back to the beat with out having to come back and cross my arms.
www.pjclevenger.com

www.medicinemandrumsaz.com

DML Special: 20% off all drums.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left!