so you want to... get a metronome.

It's time to discuss drum accessories.

Moderator: Moderators

custom_sticks
drumming adept
drumming adept
Location: trapped in my girlfriend's bass drum, scared and alone. oh, and upper indiana.

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:15 pm

yes, i do. and i dont wanna half-ass it, cause obviously I want a pretty top of the line metronome that will last a long time. and will also have headphone jack. can i get some "first metronome" advice from the great people here at DML?
thank you very much!
Joezeppi wrote:I can see how people would bash you for using gloves, kind of like a quarterback that wears gloves, he just looks like Michael Jackson out there, and we all know Michael Jackson likes young boys.
sowta90
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:33 pm

my local drum shop have a really good one for £150

http://www.rockemmusic.com/product/metrophones

dunno how much that is in america tho

and vic firth have some noise isolation headphones with a jack input

http://www.rockemmusic.com/product/vic- ... headphones

SGarrett

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:46 pm

Personally, I'm not a big fan of metronome headphones because they're very limited in what they do.

If you're looking for a long-term investment, you'll want to look at either a Tama Rhythm Watch or one of the Boss Dr. Beat versions.
"If the goal is for me to give up my reality for your reality, then the goal is for me to give up my self for your self--a goal I have to reject."
custom_sticks
drumming adept
drumming adept
Location: trapped in my girlfriend's bass drum, scared and alone. oh, and upper indiana.

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:42 pm

whaddya mean limited, sgarrett? (wait its scott right?) i just want to have the beat in my ear, you know.

can you link me to some of those models for sale on the net? what kind of price range are they?
Joezeppi wrote:I can see how people would bash you for using gloves, kind of like a quarterback that wears gloves, he just looks like Michael Jackson out there, and we all know Michael Jackson likes young boys.
SGarrett

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:46 pm

Scott, it is. :)

To see what I mean, go to MusiciansFriend.com, search for both "rhythm watch" and "dr. beat" (without quotation marks), and then compare them to the headphone metronomes. If all you want is something that clicks, you can get that for $15-20.

I've been using the same Rhythm Watch for about six years.
"If the goal is for me to give up my reality for your reality, then the goal is for me to give up my self for your self--a goal I have to reject."
custom_sticks
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:12 pm

ok then scott. :) i am chris.
spread the word
xD

but im not sure if you're quite understanding me.

i want good metronome that doesnt NEED headphones.
but like one that you can plug those big heavyass headphones into.
like with a headphone jack, but they're OPTIONAL

im trying to run searches on the ones you mentioned, but im dial up.
custom_sticks
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:19 pm

ok scott i just saw the tama rhythm watch and its EXACTLY the thing im looking for. can you buy it in stores?
custom_sticks
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:22 pm

and is there a phone jack?
SGarrett

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:31 am

Pleasure to meet you, Chris. :)

Yep, you can plug headphones into the RW. It's loud enough for pad and brush use, but you'll need headphones/ear buds if you're playing loudly. I use mine every time I practice. :)
custom_sticks
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:11 am

alright, cool! im gonna start saving. but id think for me, some more cymbals will come first; i own one (1) crash, and its meinl mcs and its starting to get pretty warped. the guy i bought em from says he has a two crashes and a china he'll sell me for $30 so im thinking that. maybe ill ask for the metronome for my birthday

thanks for all the help
SGarrett

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:06 pm

You're very welcome.

In the meantime, either get one of those $15 Quartz metronomes or use some of the free downloads. No better time than the present to get started. :)
custom_sticks
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:54 pm

you can download a metronome? *gasps*
SGarrett

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:34 pm

custom_sticks
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:26 am

i guess indeed it does :)
silencetheshadows
beginner
beginner

Post Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:35 pm

If anyone wants metronome tracks for your Ipod player, etc, I made very basic metronome tracks designed for that. They are very basic, 4/4 time metronome tracks, 1000 measures each. So each track is between 18 and 35 minutes each. The BPMs I made range from 120 to 200. I just made them myself cause I dont have a good metronome or money for one, and I needed something basic to practice guitar and drum speed. Once you get to the page, just scroll down and you will see tracks at the very top that say "160 BPM" or similar, and the genre is Other. The rest of the tracks on the webpage is random shit and music from another planet...anyways.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=561309&t=7022
Hello. My name is Renz, and I currently use Mapex drums, various cymbals (including Saluda 18" rock crash and a sawblade), various hardware, Ahead and Promark Drumsticks, PDP Pedals, Moongel, a Honeywell fan, and cold water.