DB drumming shoes

It's time to discuss drum accessories.

Moderator: Moderators

jaundiced
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:05 pm

Anybody here use them? I know a bunch of big name speed guys like Longstreth, Tim waterson and Adam Jarvis used them, but I'd like to hear some thoughts on them. I'm sick of playing in skateboarding shoes and socks or barefoot just don't work for me.
blasting tools provided by Trick drums and pedals, paiste cymbals, Hornets drumsticks
metldrummer2112
groove master
groove master

Post Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:10 pm

I don't know about shoes specifically for DB drumming, but I've always heard or been told or seen pros using just thin soled shoes.

Me, I personally use everything you just said doesn't work

and I know this is the wrong post, but how used is the 17" AAX Dark Crash you're selling? It's the EXACT cymbal I've been looking for
"Slaughter and Salvation, we bore two irreconcilable focuses."

"We dare speak the word, King Of Those Who Know."
Mitchell?
groove master
groove master

Post Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:56 pm

^ DB is the company, which makes shoes specifically for drummers.

I suggest a light, thin-soled shoe. The Puma Speedcat is perfect for this, but you might not like the looks.
_...:::/ Jimbob2020 agrees \:::..._
ImageImageImage
metldrummer2112
groove master
groove master

Post Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:03 pm

Mitchell? wrote:^ DB is the company, which makes shoes specifically for drummers.

I suggest a light, thin-soled shoe. The Puma Speedcat is perfect for this, but you might not like the looks.

Oh I guess my point was stupid then. I thought DB meant Double Bass. Oh well.
"Slaughter and Salvation, we bore two irreconcilable focuses."

"We dare speak the word, King Of Those Who Know."
Assback
session drummer
session drummer

Post Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:25 pm

i always use chucks and they work well for me. vans slip ons too

but those DB's look like they'd be REALLY comfy to play in. I'd get em if i had the chance
xdoseonex
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:09 am

Mike mallais uses them and hes the fastest drummer in the world. I'd say go for it
Proud to endorse TRICK Percussion
Brother_Bong
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:02 pm

Eh, your a wimp if ya can't play in combat boots! J/K.
Although I prefer barefoot with grip tape, I don't mind using some real light wrestling shoes if I need the protection. Those DB's look interesting though.
MEDICINE MAN AZ Endorsed, TRICK PEDALS, ZILDJIAN, SABIAN, SALUDA, SUPERNATURALS, ASAPH, WUHAN, SILVERFOX, BUD LIGHT

jaundiced
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:53 pm

Brother_Bong wrote:Eh, your a wimp if ya can't play in combat boots! J/K.
Although I prefer barefoot with grip tape, I don't mind using some real light wrestling shoes if I need the protection. Those DB's look interesting though.

Yeah, i went ahead and got them to find out what they're all about. The main reason was to see how they work with heel-toe. When I play singles, it doesn't really matter what I wear (even combat boots on occassion). I've dabbled with heel-toe off and on over the last couple of years but I haven't found anything that feels "right" when playing, so I always wind up going back to singles. Hopefully these shoes fix that. I'll report back once I give them a test run.
blasting tools provided by Trick drums and pedals, paiste cymbals, Hornets drumsticks
blink44
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:12 pm

i play in anything bare/socks/shoes/dress shoes (couple times)
but i prefer socks
SGarrett

Post Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:19 am

I just got some driving shoes and they're great to play in.

How are those DB shoes working out for you?
"If the goal is for me to give up my reality for your reality, then the goal is for me to give up my self for your self--a goal I have to reject."
jaundiced
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:13 am

I just got them, so i haven't had a chance to give them a serious test run yet. I did try them on for a minute and they do feel really comfortable. I should have a little report on them this evening.
Empyrean Drums
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:03 pm

How much are they, do you have a link to their site?
I just bought a pair of Adidas thinking they'd be alright, and they're a poor substitute for Vans.
I don't know, maybe they'd be better if I had flat feet.....
Verify our range to target, one ping only…
jaundiced
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:47 pm

Here you go...

http://www.drumshoes.com/

If you get a pair, get them direct. The price is the same everywhere ($50), but Db Shoes ships for free and I got mine 2 days after I ordered them.

As for the performance, I just got done giving them a test run and I have to say that I'm impressed. Very comfortable, I can barely tell that i have them on, and they allow me to move my feet however I like. They have good grip, so my feet aren't slipping all over the pedal. When I play singles, there isn't a real difference, other than that they're lighter than the shoes I usually wear. As for heel toe, they didn't bump me up to Tim Waterson-level, but I can play the same things as before but with more comfort and control, with the biggest noticable difference at the higher speeds. Simply put, I like them and would recommend them to anybody who asks.
Lancelot Frosty
session drummer
session drummer

Post Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:12 am

Interesting...
However, my uncle dropped by my house and gave me a pair of Nike Lunar Trainers the other day. He wore them like once then he said they were too light.
So he gave them to me. :lol:
They work magic as drumming shoes at the moment, so I'm not gonna buy DB's anytime soon.

But still.
Very interesting nonetheless.
Original Frosty.
Jimbob2020
session drummer
session drummer

Post Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:20 pm

Mitchell? wrote:^ DB is the company, which makes shoes specifically for drummers.

I use pumas when i drum... Mitchell this is getting freaky how i always agree with you... :lol:
DW Collector's
Ludwig Classic Maple
Yamaha Stage Custom Nouveau
Meinl Byzance, Zildjian A Custom, Zildjian Platinum Cymbals
DW 5k & 9k Hardware
Evans and Remo Heads
Vic Firth