Buying a used drum rack

It's time to discuss drum accessories.

Moderator: Moderators

Scrogs
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:16 pm

JasonDeLima wrote:So should I get the new drum rack?
Because it honestly doesn't make a difference if it's used or not. I could use all the extra clamps, and little scratches doesn't matter to me.

I dont think anyone of us were trying to get you to buy a new rack. We were just pointing out the fact it wasn't a good deal for YOU! Should offer him less money.

JasonDeLima wrote:I also e-mailed the guy and he told me that he COULD mount cowbells on there.

You can mount a cow bell on a cymbal boom arm pretty easy. They also sell different accessory mounts.
vincemie
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:05 am

i have the same rack that i never use, ill sell it to ya for $100 plus shipping.
Potatoe Snack
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:49 pm

vincemie wrote:i have the same rack that i never use, ill sell it to ya for $100 plus shipping.

yeah i have it too and i dont use it.

seems great at first but i was never a fan of racks. its easier just to use cymbal stands IMO
J-rod
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:32 pm

JasonDeLima wrote:All this for $300!

Gibraltar with a bunch of clamps and arms. Isn't this cool? I'll just need to run out to Alto Music and get some cymbal sleeves/felts/mates. Maybe I could sell the drum stands I don't use.

Now I have a question, if I wanted to mount one of the boom arms on those poles with the legs, what clamp would I buy?

hell yes, a fellow altos patron. That music stor just gives me a huge smile every time i walk in. i Remember when it was a tiny little hole in the wall shop up on the other end of 211. You used to be able to have in store jams because everything was all right next to each other. lol
dw collector series maple
zildjian and saluda cymbals
dw and yamaha snares
dw hardware