stick question(please help)

It's time to discuss drum accessories.

Moderator: Moderators

tero
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:07 am

you cand try pro-mark 5b or pro-mark Mike Portnoy.
Tama Superstar Fusion Set
Remo Emperor/Ambasador
Remo EmperorX/Hazy 250
Remo Powersonic
Pro-Mark 747B, Pro-Mark Jason Bonham Signature
Paiste 2002 and Zildjian A Custom
Gibraltar Thorne
Tama Iron Cobra Rolling Glide Double Pedal.
Kris
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:27 am

chocobebear wrote:
Kris wrote:I don't believe that there is any one stick actually apprpriate for a style of music...sticks are used according to aplication/dynamics. In considering a stick much like our previous pedals conversation it all goes back to the fact that regardless of what stick you use, you still have to have the physical ability to play what it is that you are trying to play, and if you haven't honed your skills to that effect no stick in the world is going to make it any better....however weight ,balance and length can account for speed and power depending on the players development.

In short, don't depend on the stick , depend on your own ability , find a size that is comfortable for you and hone your ability...in other words practice, because their is no easy way out.
As we said with pedals, if you were in a sit in situation and didn't have your gear, in this case sticks, could you still pull it off based on your own ability regardless of what stick is there to be used. Obviously I am not expecting to sit down behind a kit and find a pair of Marching baseball bats or 2b's for that matter, so spare me the" what if's" and" Sep for's".

As for me I like the Pro mark 747 Nylon Oaks....
or the Silverfox 1A nylon.

I'M JUST ASKING FOR OPINIONS AND NOT THE ULTIMATES. COZ I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO "TRY THEM ALL."
IT SHOULD BE SKILL FIRST AND FORMOST I AGREE, BUT STICKS CONTRIBUTE A HUGE FACTOR. I'M NOT A NOOB SO I DON'T NEED SUCH COMMENTS...

Well then you know what, if your not a noob and your so experienced and find the advice so offensive, then in this case, don't ask a stupid question if you already know the answer. Go to the freakin stick rack at your local music store and pick out what feels comfortable. If you want to see what other metal players are using- read some freaking drum magazines and look at the stick adds. If you don't want the insight or advice....don't ask!
Be Strong to Endure - Endure to be Strong !
www.krisardolino.com
http://www.myspace.com/krisardolino
Mike_Drums
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:18 pm

haha, i switch between promark 2bs and 5bs, i use 2b when im practicing and 5b when playing. also i use japan oak sticks, they feel denser and tend to break less
cymbalsonly.com
Bosphorus Cymbals