Turkmasters Cymbals

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

rufus4dagruv
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:33 pm

michiganice91 wrote:Aside from some fancy hammering..theyre just your standard B20's...am i right? Honestly I think Paiste is the best company, they dont use the turkish bronze unlike everyone else. Their treatments of the metal, and secret alloys are just superior IMO

If every other cymbal company uses "standard B20," wouldn't every cymbal of the same size sound the same? Of course not. Crafting a cymbal is artwork. It isn't something you just get up one day and decide to do, and even if you do, it doesn't mean you will be any good at it.

I enjoying learning as much as I can about drumming, and especially cymbals. I love buying and playing them, selling and trading them. IMO, there is no such thing as "the best" company in regards to bronze. I'll leave those broad generalizations for the inexperienced to argue with each other about as if one company's fictitious status is somehow a reflection of the player's character or integrity. If you are actually interested in learning more about cymbals, click the Spizz link, and maybe eventually you will enjoy learning about how the Turks, Italians, Swiss, and Chinese have influenced the art. Or maybe you won't.
Last edited by rufus4dagruv on Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
pow3rtr1p
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:04 pm

michiganice91 wrote:
Aside from some fancy hammering..theyre just your standard B20's...am i right? Honestly I think Paiste is the best company, they dont use the turkish bronze unlike everyone else. Their treatments of the metal, and secret alloys are just superior IMO

And they charge you like they know it, too. Honestly, as much as I would like to play a set of Paistes, I got my entire set up for the price of a Paiste Signature Hi Hat...
Sonor Drums, Evans and Aquarian Heads, Saluda Cymbals, Vic Firth Sticks

14" Glory Hats, 16" Diamond Rock Crash (Cracked...), 22" Symbolic Ride
14" Pre-Aged Voodoo China
michiganice91
session drummer
session drummer

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:24 am

pow3rtr1p wrote:michiganice91 wrote:
Aside from some fancy hammering..theyre just your standard B20's...am i right? Honestly I think Paiste is the best company, they dont use the turkish bronze unlike everyone else. Their treatments of the metal, and secret alloys are just superior IMO

And they charge you like they know it, too. Honestly, as much as I would like to play a set of Paistes, I got my entire set up for the price of a Paiste Signature Hi Hat...

i see where ur coming from
ImageImage
VOLAR
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:50 am

rufus4dagruv wrote:
xdoseonex wrote:
michiganice91 wrote:
rufus4dagruv wrote:
michiganice91 wrote:A few of the reasons people dont buy cymbals from these smaller "custom" companies is the lack of resale value, warranty, famous artists, and a lack of history.

If you find a Spizz for under $500, please, PLEASE, let me know. I'll take it.

wuts a spizz?

yeah for real

This is:

Here's a link to Roberto's site:

http://www.spizzichinocymbals.com/

Roberto makes some great cymbals but his prices are well out of my league unfortunately.
VOLAR
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:17 pm

anavrinIV wrote:
rufus4dagruv wrote:
michiganice91 wrote:A few of the reasons people dont buy cymbals from these smaller "custom" companies is the lack of resale value, warranty, famous artists, and a lack of history.

ive listened to some sound clips of those and they sound very, very oriental. kind of a cool sound but not really anything i would be looking for.

anyone played any johans? honestly, i really dont like the sounds ive heard from them but i havent played any in person (plus, theyre really expensive).

Roberto has made cymbals from both Asian and Turkish alloys.

Johan's cymbals are not usually my cup 'o tea but I did hear some 14" Sabian B8 (and I don't personally like the sound of Sabian B8's) model hats that he reworked into a pair of great jazz-type hats that I would love to have owned.
PHANTOM PATRIOT
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:57 pm

rufus4dagruv wrote:
xdoseonex wrote:
michiganice91 wrote:
rufus4dagruv wrote:

wuts a spizz?

yeah for real

This is:

Here's a link to Roberto's site:

http://www.spizzichinocymbals.com/

THANKS FOR THE LINK MAN ... BADASS
THE MORE YOU DO THE MORE YOU GET...

SORRY I TYPE IN CAPS, ITS FOR MY WORK
I love Cheese and drums
groove master
groove master

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:28 pm

pow3rtr1p wrote:michiganice91 wrote:

I can agree with that, I've always wanted a Paiste 2002 crash but their just so out of my price range.

Even in a magazine like Explorers their still too expensive for me.
Hey My names Dave
Slingerland, Yamaha, and Mapex drums
Saluda Cymbals
I want a Medicine Man Snare

Visit http://www.myspace.com/onceforgotten18 and listen to their new song Our Darkest Desires!
Mike_Drums
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:25 pm

call me crazy, but when i purchase cymbals, it isnt based on what famous artists use them, although since ive been using bosphorus i have listened to some of their artists. although i suppose that could help a lot for advertisement
cymbalsonly.com
Bosphorus Cymbals