saluda cymbals

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

screamkevin

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:55 pm

ZaQ[MTG] wrote:I hate the way those cymbals sound...no offense to any Saulda users or the manufactures themselves...but i dont really see whats so great about them what so ever...ya their cheap but id rather have an expensive cymbal that speaks with the music than a cheap one that doesnt...

They are not for everyone. Personally, I've never heard a Paiste that I liked, but that's just me. That's why we are all different. We all have differing tastes and preferences. If you like them, fine, if not, that's perfectly fine too. For me at this stage of my drumming, I'd rather have a cymbal that's customized to my preferences, rather than buy something off the rack that sounds like everyone else. (Which I did for 32 years as a Zildjian user, BTW)

God, wouldn't it be boring if we all played the same 5-piece kit with the same cymbals? :wink:
Me, My Story, and Pics Of My Drums:
http://www.saludacymbals.com/c/ksiegel.html
Endorsing Saluda Cymbals since 2006!
Howie is my homie. Word.
SGarrett

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:00 pm

screamkevin wrote:
ZaQ[MTG] wrote:I hate the way those cymbals sound...no offense to any Saulda users or the manufactures themselves...but i dont really see whats so great about them what so ever...ya their cheap but id rather have an expensive cymbal that speaks with the music than a cheap one that doesnt...

They are not for everyone. Personally, I've never heard a Paiste that I liked, but that's just me. That's why we are all different. We all have differing tastes and preferences. If you like them, fine, if not, that's perfectly fine too. For me at this stage of my drumming, I'd rather have a cymbal that's customized to my preferences, rather than buy something off the rack that sounds like everyone else. (Which I did for 32 years as a Zildjian user, BTW)

God, wouldn't it be boring if we all played the same 5-piece kit with the same cymbals? :wink:

Dude, no doubt.

By the way, what is it about Paiste you don't like? They always seem to have way too much high end for me.
"If the goal is for me to give up my reality for your reality, then the goal is for me to give up my self for your self--a goal I have to reject."
Brother_Bong
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:01 pm

screamkevin wrote:

Yes, and with the same sticks, with/without gloves, kit set up exactly the same, etc.......
MEDICINE MAN AZ Endorsed, TRICK PEDALS, ZILDJIAN, SABIAN, SALUDA, SUPERNATURALS, ASAPH, WUHAN, SILVERFOX, BUD LIGHT

ZaQ[MTG]
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:01 pm

screamkevin wrote:

Lol yes it would...peace on ya bro.
-Bringin Back The Breakdown-
Howepirate

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:53 pm

Where did you hear them?
Timekeep69

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:45 pm

I switched from Sabian AA's, HH's, & AAX's to Saluda. I think they sound just as good if not better than Sabian, Zildjian or any other company out there.
www.pjclevenger.com

www.medicinemandrumsaz.com

DML Special: 20% off all drums.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left!
screamkevin

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:48 am

SGarrett wrote:Dude, no doubt.

By the way, what is it about Paiste you don't like? They always seem to have way too much high end for me.

Exactly. I've never heard a true "dark" Paiste. There's too much cut in them and they seem to not balance with quieter music. Don't get me wrong, I think they are a wonderful (if not WAY overpriced) product, but they are not for me, or my ear.
Me, My Story, and Pics Of My Drums:
http://www.saludacymbals.com/c/ksiegel.html
Endorsing Saluda Cymbals since 2006!
Howie is my homie. Word.
Rob Crisp
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:32 am

You know last night I was seriously contemplating buying som Saluda hats after my A Custom Mastersounds cracked.....

But I've said in previous posts I'd only buy cymbals I'd actually played and listened too. So I don't know.

All I do know is Zildjian's seem to be cracking on me loads recently, yet I've never had problems before. 10 years no cracks, now 3.... :(

I'm seriously considering switching things up though, always been a Z man til now.
NG1284
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:10 am

What's the difference in sound between Mist X and Diamond?

Also, what would you guys recommend for size set-up on two crashes on the Mist X and Diamond? I was looking at 17" and 19".
Timekeep69

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:52 am

NG1284 wrote:What's the difference in sound between Mist X and Diamond?

Also, what would you guys recommend for size set-up on two crashes on the Mist X and Diamond? I was looking at 17" and 19".

Mists are bright, Diamionds are dark.
www.pjclevenger.com

Potatoe Snack
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:24 pm

i actually think the cymbals look awesome, except for the silver ones. i like the unfinished look, its great to me. I'd love to hear the cymbals but no idea how to go about doing that.

So...this Jamie guy trades his Saluda cymbals for whatever you current set up is if you decide to switch?

CRAZY. I wanna hear some. Saluda users make some audio of you just hittin the cymbals!!!!!!
Howepirate

Post Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:17 am

Potatoe Snack wrote:i actually think the cymbals look awesome, except for the silver ones. i like the unfinished look, its great to me. I'd love to hear the cymbals but no idea how to go about doing that.

So...this Jamie guy trades his Saluda cymbals for whatever you current set up is if you decide to switch?

CRAZY. I wanna hear some. Saluda users make some audio of you just hittin the cymbals!!!!!!

The cymbals don't actually look silver (see here: http://www.drumsmylife.com/mmm-birchhh- ... t7838.html) they just have a slightly different tint than the pro level cymbals of the big 4.
Timekeep69

Post Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:29 am

I don't have any recordings of just my cymbals but I do have some recordings of some songs that I used them in on my myspace page. www.myspace.com/pjclevenger.

All the songs except The Enemy are Saludas.
www.pjclevenger.com

Potatoe Snack
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:32 am

Timekeep69 wrote:I don't have any recordings of just my cymbals but I do have some recordings of some songs that I used them in on my myspace page. www.myspace.com/pjclevenger.

what kind do you use?
Timekeep69

Post Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:19 pm

Potatoe Snack wrote:
Timekeep69 wrote:I don't have any recordings of just my cymbals but I do have some recordings of some songs that I used them in on my myspace page. www.myspace.com/pjclevenger.

what kind do you use?

Mist, Diamond, & Voodoo
www.pjclevenger.com