meinl cymbals

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

tama drums and bmx rule
beginner
beginner

Post Thu May 10, 2007 7:11 pm

How do you feel about meinl cymbals. i was gonna start looking into them and i know of many pros who use them and i love their sound. i know they are a bit pricey but they might be worth the money. i just wanted to see how everyone feels about meinl cymbals. let me know because im looking to get a crash.

-andrew
Tama Superstar w/ Pearl Omar Hakim Snare
14" Sabian AA Rock Hats
20" Zildjian A Custom Projection Ride
21” Zildjian A Sweet Ride
18" Zildjian Oriental China Trash (not shown)
glenndrums4life
beginner
beginner

Post Thu May 10, 2007 11:43 pm

i have heard good things but as you said pricy, i know the drummer from fightstar recently got endorsed by them and the great mr lang aswell, but i duno i love their splashes and ride cymbals but i prefer sabian i think if you wana try some advance top end ones sabian hhx is the way, but you can mix and match a set up to you not every cymbal has to be the same i don't think. check out the meinl medium series tho.
DevintheGreig
beginner
beginner

Post Wed May 16, 2007 2:39 am

go to www.music123.com and look at the meinal MCS package, for like 95 bucks you get hats, ride, and crash that sound unexplicably good for the price, same goes for wuhan S series.
ddrumark
beginner
beginner

Post Mon May 21, 2007 11:26 pm

get a 20" byzance med. crash if you get any of their crashes,its hella expensive but more than worth it,i own a 16" 18" 19" and 20" and they all sound amazing,as for a ride,probably a 20" or a 22" mb10 for starting its cheaper than the mb20's,play those for a wile then step up,i play a 24"mb20 ride and its massive and heavy but its has unbelievable sound to it
Groove
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed May 23, 2007 11:02 am

Meinls are great. They're very aggressive and experimental with some of their lines.
D. Shane Fowlkes
www.JustDrumsOnline.com
www.MySpace.com/JustDrums
Alchemyspug
beginner
beginner

Post Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:09 am

i think meinls are pretty equal to the prices or RUDEs and A customs
i like all 3 of them and i wish i could integrate all 3 of them into my set but i dont any money.
overall i think byzances are a great cymbal line with a natural feel.
A customs and RUDEs are great sound as well.
its all up to youu.
good luck
ludwig 5 pc. accent
dw hardware
pro mark sticks
remo heads
zildjian cymbals
Zim
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:00 pm

ddrumark wrote:get a 20" byzance med. crash if you get any of their crashes,its hella expensive but more than worth it,i own a 16" 18" 19" and 20" and they all sound amazing,as for a ride,probably a 20" or a 22" mb10 for starting its cheaper than the mb20's,play those for a wile then step up,i play a 24"mb20 ride and its massive and heavy but its has unbelievable sound to it

I agree i was using meinl classics and just now after a year switched over to Byzance thins 2(18's and a 20 ride splasshes and crashes I am a meinl fan they are awsome sounding pricey but well worth the $ I get compliments on my looks and sound all the time

MEINL BYZANCE ROCKS!
sonor drums
Meinl Byzance cymbals
Byzance crashes
and splashes
saluda v-bells
sabian hats
Paiste accent cymbals 4" & 8"
DW pedals
roc n soc ,pro mark sticks
Metal25
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:20 pm

Meinl are superb as far as sound go. Ive never heard anything that quite stands up to them. the ONLY problem may be that they tend to crack a bit easily. but then again it really all depends i guess. how hard you hit them, angle, thickness.
I play and recommend:
Spaun Custom Birch Drums
Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals
Pearl Rack
Tama hardware
Trick Pedals
Vater Stix
drummerduba
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:26 am

Meinl FTW

I have had no problems with them since I started using them exclusively over a year ago
Silverfox Drumsticks UK Artist
Soultone Cymbals UK Artist
MediCineMaN
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:49 am

Meinl's are great.

I use the byzance series medium ride, and its unlike any other ride I've played on. Byzance cymbals are so shimmery and have such a lush character. I love it.