Zildjian zxt

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

drum man
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:09 pm

I'm playing on by a set of Zildjian ZXT's in the very near future, and I just want to get some input on weither these cymbals are a good buy or not.
Im playing on getting.
16" Rock Crash
18"Rock Crash
20"Rock Ride
14"Rock Hi-Hat
and a 16" or 18" China.
Oh yeah and im a heavy hitter and will be play hardcore and metal on these. So are they durable?
Rippyblood
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:11 pm

The crash's sound really good, cuz they are loud! I had em' but broke em' in like 6 months. The hi-hats sound rad too! I just never liked the way the ride sounded, I still use my ZBT ride! 20"

its worth buying them for the Crash cymbols alone!
drummert2k

Post Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:06 pm

if you're really serious about drumming spend the extra money and go with a higher line cymbal. zxt's are still pretty low line zildjian cymbals.

remember, you get what you pay for. if the price is fairly cheap, the product is usually fairly cheap
Alcyon
session drummer
session drummer

Post Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:21 pm

They were my first cymbal set until I heard how good Sabian AAs sound... I broke the 16" Crash in a couple of months and I hate the ride especially. If you want good, lower-priced cymbals, I recommend Sabian B8s, they're amazing for the price, but Zildjian's sheet cymbals are really bad. Their cast stuff is amazing tho, not dissing Zildjian.
dob?
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:06 pm

the only zxt i have is a 14 inch trashformer and that is one awesome cymbal... trashy crash/special effect cymbal. worth the 70 bucks i paid for it.

also if your bent on a sheet cymbal, try the zht's... from what ive heard theyre very nice for sheet cymbals. i own the 8'' splash and it rocks. :D
meinlplayer
beginner
beginner

Post Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:34 pm

I played ZXTs for a while, and what I can tell you is that they do sound cheap. I would play ZXTs over ZBTs any day, but I would say it would be worth the money to get a little bit higher grade cymbals... You will be glad you did in a few years. There's no use in buying cheaper cymbals just to replace them after a year or two because you want something better... go to a shop and try out some cymbals and find some you like and then try and figure out if you can swing the price.
Mapex M Birch drums

Meinl Amun cymbals

Evans G2/G1 coated heads
truemusician
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:46 pm

i own four zxt cymbals.
16 and 18 inch rock crashes
8 and 12 inch fast splashes

just to tell you, like most cymbals, they kinda need "broke in." at first the crashes sound kinda ringing and annoying, but after a week of playing they open up and become a bit more washy, but still maintain their intense volume, biting sound, and fantastic durability. i prefer the splashes cause they're nice and splashy and fast. the 12 is perfect for a nice blendy crash in parts. i also own zbt hats and a ride. i actually dig the ride cause it was inexpensive but deffienetly not bad. real defined sound, sweet ass bell. the crashes i cracked quickly. but of course, if you have a bunch of money go for some higher end zildjians. i actually love the wide variety of plain old avedis zildjian line cymbals. the crashes are great, like the medium crash, joygasm all the time. but yeah, i love zxt's. i'd love to pickup a 12inch zxt china, or a trashformer. and maybe a 14 inch thin crash.
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:25 am

i have a friend with an 18" zxt rock crash that has a rip halfway through it. even without the crack, though, they still sound horrible.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.