Wuhan chinas

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

drumshark
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:45 pm

Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:36 am

Im looking for a china cymbal and have heard that the 16 inch wuhan china sounds really nice, does anyone know where i can hear a sound sample online
User avatar
break the prism
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1438
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:22 pm
Location: Danbury, CT

Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:01 pm

try a website...but if not just go and try one out.
Beat on.
User avatar
Howepirate
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2480
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Englewood Florida

Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:08 pm

drumshark wrote:Im looking for a china cymbal and have heard that the 16 inch wuhan china sounds really nice, does anyone know where i can hear a sound sample online



No and it wouldnt make a difference

They all sound different thats why there "hand-made"

Just go to a music store and find a couple of 16" wuhans and pick the one u think sounds best
User avatar
chris_stuff_er
drumming adept
drumming adept
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:37 am
Location: Dallas, Tx

Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:25 pm

i expected this thread to be a little different...something like this:

"Wuhan chinas....break all the freaking time."
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/orangepeelsunshine">Orange Peel Sunshine</a>
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/farfromrooted">Far From Rooted</a>
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/kersskerner">Kers Skerner</a>
User avatar
break the prism
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1438
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:22 pm
Location: Danbury, CT

Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:43 pm

chris_stuff_er wrote:i expected this thread to be a little different...something like this:

"Wuhan chinas....break all the freaking time."


i've had mine for three years without a break. the great thing about wuhan is that you can never get the same results from two of them, even if they're the same model.
Beat on.
truemusician
beginner
beginner
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:37 pm
Location: elma, wa

Post Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:29 pm

truthfully, completly my opinion, wuhan chinas are the best. i actually think its really cool how even the same model can sound different then other cymbals of the same model and size. the 16 is my fav by far. perfect for accents, riding on, and crashing. its trashy but with a fairly quick decay which is good so it doesnt sound like a gong like my zildjian china. think about what size you want, take like 3 the same size and decide from those three which will do you the most good. i just got luckey i found a winner. compliments my 14 perfectly. love the wuhans. ive had my 14 for 4 years and its never cracked. it will dent, but that just adds character to the cymbal :)
User avatar
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1751
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:26 am
Location: concord, nc

Post Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:20 am

i have a 12" wuhan that cracked after 6 months or so but i didnt even expect that much out of it. the only problem i have with them is that there is no sustain at all. i heard jeff bowder playing one with paul gilbert at g3 a week ago and it sounded good but it had no life to it.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
User avatar
Howepirate
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2480
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Englewood Florida

Post Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:22 am

anavrinIV wrote:i have a 12" wuhan that cracked after 6 months or so but i didnt even expect that much out of it. the only problem i have with them is that there is no sustain at all. i heard jeff bowder playing one with paul gilbert at g3 a week ago and it sounded good but it had no life to it.


The smaller the size the shorter the sound...larger..longer decay
User avatar
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master
Posts: 1751
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:26 am
Location: concord, nc

Post Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:16 am

Howepirate wrote:
anavrinIV wrote:i have a 12" wuhan that cracked after 6 months or so but i didnt even expect that much out of it. the only problem i have with them is that there is no sustain at all. i heard jeff bowder playing one with paul gilbert at g3 a week ago and it sounded good but it had no life to it.


The smaller the size the shorter the sound...larger..longer decay


that wasnt the problem at the show...he was using at leas an 18" china but it looked more like a 20", i cant be sure.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.