need a little clarification from the saluda guys

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:09 pm

i emailed jamie about trading my old cymbals that i never use for a little bit of a discount of a new crash and he got me a reply but im a little questioning now...

i told him that i was looking for a dark crash with a medium length sustain, and i wanted something that would open up quickly so i told him that i was thinking a medium thin or medium cymbal would be close to what i was looking for, and preferably something in a 17".

he replied that i was looking for a mist x medium thin 17", as long as im not a really heavy hitter. ive listen to some mist brilliant medium sound clips and i like what i heard, but reading some info on drumgearonline.com i saw that the mist x series was the brightest of them all, and thats against the first stipulaiton of what i was looking for, something dark. i was looking on drumgear and the hybrid x sounds like a good option for me but there arent any sound clips for them.

so what am i looking for? saluda has 8 or 10 different categories for cymbals and i only know that im not searching for something in the voodoo series (well, when i replace my chinas maybe......). any help would be very appreciated.

remember, something dark, medium sustain and even decay, fast response.

thanks.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
screamkevin

Post Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:40 pm

If you're looking for something fast, dark, and somewhat complex, check out the Saluda Diamond line. I have 3 18" Diamond crashes, all 3 different weights and sounds, and they are amazing. You may want to ask Jamie if he has any Medium-Thin or Thin Diamond series crashes laying about. Tell him that I sent you. Word.
Me, My Story, and Pics Of My Drums:
http://www.saludacymbals.com/c/ksiegel.html
Endorsing Saluda Cymbals since 2006!
Howie is my homie. Word.
zerodogma
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:41 pm

I have 2 18" Mist-X crashes... each one tuned/lathed differently (one high, one low). The low tuned Mist-X has a lot of dark undertones with a brilliant/bright attack - very musical. I think your requirement of "fast response" led Jamie to sway you down the road of the Mist-X line.?.?.

The top side of my hats is a 14" Diamond, and Kevin is right, you might want to try the Diamond line... it will be a little "darker". If you get one that is medium/medium-thin, it would probably be in line with a Zildjian K (if you need a big 3 to compare to).

The cool thing about ordering from Saluda... if you are not happy, they will make you happy. Jamie understands that you are ordering your cymbal "blind" (deaf would make more sense :? ) and he will get you what you want.

Good Luck!
Stand back! I have a COWBELL... and I am not afraid to use it.........
Saluda Cymbals - B20 never sounded so good...
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:26 pm

thanks guys. i think ill go ahead and order the mist x and see if its what im looking for, and if not ill write him back and get something else. i was originally thinking sabian hh - esqe crash, but saluda is a lot cheaper than the hh and i think i may be just as happy with one.

ill let you know how it goes.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.