Remember Paiste?

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

andybfrank
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:10 pm

I think the Paiste 2002's and Giant Beats are fantastic. I probably would have bought some 2002's instead of my A Customs if they hadn'd been so much more expensive. I love the way Giant Beats sound too, but I just don't have a need for something that loud at the moment.
Alcyon
session drummer
session drummer

Post Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:25 pm

They're harder to find here in Vancouver, but if they were good enough for Bonham, they're good enough for me.
Dempsey
beginner
beginner

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:08 am

im a paiste man myself i think the interesting thing is (because im from england. . thus europe) its the opposite, the shops are crowded with paiste cymbals and not enough zildjian and sabian and they're on average 10% cheaper too so yeah, long live paiste
RSmith
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:05 pm

Depends on where you're at. Around here in the great Midwest it's Paiste which is the more expensive cymbal in town. Guitar Center has more Paiste than anyplace around here.
ZexxFable
new
new

Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:27 pm

golfchance wrote:I was a dedicated Paiste user for years. But then I acquired a couple of used Zildjians (and a Wuhan) that I love, so now I just mix and match as desired. Paistes (especially the signature series) sound absolutely incredible, but they are fragile. I've got a whole pile of ruined Paistes. Another reason I am no longer concerned with brand loyalty.
If I were to get back into drumming and had to buy new cymbals, I would look at Sabians first I think.

I've been playing Paiste for years and have only broken two cymbals that were second hand, heavily used, and thin to begin with. I am a heavy handed hitter on the cymbals and I haven't noticed ANY damage whatsoever on my signature, 2002, or Rude's; although I did break a 2002 18" Novo China along with a Traditional 18" Thin Crash.

Either way, I think its a big misconception that Paiste break more easily. Buy cymbals for your style, I've broken more Sabian's and Zildjian's personally myself (which I used before Paiste). Don't buy lots of really thin cymbals if you're going to be playing ruff.

WEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Paiste are the most musical cymbals in the world PERIOD.