Paiste 2002 Power Crash

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Miketh
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:20 am

Hello!

I'm having trouble shopping for cymbals because all the local stores here in and around my area seem to not have much in the way of variety.

I jammed on some Zildjian Z3's and Sabian AAX crashes that I thought were good, but I have a friend who can order Paiste at cost with no tax somehow. (in other words, great deal) Unfortunately, I can only find Alpha's in the store, and I'm not digging them. Too trashy imo.

On Paiste's website however, I was liking the 2002 Power Crash quite a bit. Any have any experiences they can share? I'm afraid to just go off the sound bites on their site because it might sound different in person. I'm looking for a thicker cymbal for durability, and for playing really loud live shows (metal band). But I don't like trashy or gongy sounds.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Miketh
beginner
beginner

Post Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:29 pm

In other words, if it sounds good on their website, can I be fairly certain it'll sound good in person?
audiotech
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:00 am

I personally wouldn't buy any cymbal unless I could hear it in person. That being said, I understand the the Paiste website has the most accurate sound files of the big three companies. I don't own any Paiste cymbals, I'm more into Zildjian and Sabians.

Maybe someone on this forum might own the cymbal that you're talking about.

Dennis
tero
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:32 am

you can trust the sound. they are very accurate.
Tama Superstar Fusion Set
Remo Emperor/Ambasador
Remo EmperorX/Hazy 250
Remo Powersonic
Pro-Mark 747B, Pro-Mark Jason Bonham Signature
Paiste 2002 and Zildjian A Custom
Gibraltar Thorne
Tama Iron Cobra Rolling Glide Double Pedal.
ShadowDrummer
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun May 16, 2010 1:56 pm

If you can afford em, I would recommend the signature power crashes. I own the 18 in model and it is a really good cymbal.
Pearl Drums

Paiste Cymbals

Vater Sticks

Evans Heads