cant fit my ride where i want it with 3 rack toms, HEEELLP

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

phil-drummer
session drummer
session drummer

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:28 pm

m'kay, so about 2 years ago i got certain signature kit as u probably all knew, any way , i decided with 3 racks tom i cudnt get my ride where i wanted it, so i jus used 2 up ( 10" & 12") n jus stuck my 13 to the left, abe cunningham style. but after after recently re skinning my hole kit ( kicks not included ) n i wanna shove my 13" next to my 12 over the rite BD, but by doin this my ride cymbal has to move a foot to the right n it jus aint comfy, any suggestion of where i cud shove my ride.

ive tried to place it over the tom like mike portnoy/ tomas haake does but bein only 5Ft 9' tall i cant play as much of the cymbal as id like without the ride cashing againts the shell of the tom n scraping off that lovely finish/ wrecking my lovely new ride, due to seat hieght n stuff.

so any help would be well apreciated, btw i havent posted in like 2 years so ill chuck up some pics of my kit as its a tad bigger now once i get my hands on a camera,( yay ? )

cheeers guys.
Pearl Hardware. Zildjian Cymbals. Vic Firth 7A Sticks. Remo Pintripes/Weatherking Heads
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:41 pm

no advice except to lose the 13" tom again. you won't be able to get the ride where you want it with 3 big toms up top.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
phil-drummer
session drummer
session drummer

Post Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:18 pm

i thought that mite be the case, perhaps i shud try and find an 8" tom instead
Pearl Hardware. Zildjian Cymbals. Vic Firth 7A Sticks. Remo Pintripes/Weatherking Heads
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:24 pm

that would help. do you have 2 toms on your left bass and 1 on the right or 1 on the left and 2 on the right?
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
ThePloughman
session drummer
session drummer

Post Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:37 pm

Shift to the left, and post a pic.
ThePloughman

ThePloughman wrote:Duct Tape, Moongells, and Remos...... with pinstripes

Rogers Drums USA

Check this out
http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/showt ... p?t=196158
metldrummer2112
groove master
groove master

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:22 pm

Depending on my setup, I occaisionally place my ride directly over my floor tom, maybe a couple inches forward, at roughly a 40 degree angle. I saw Nicholas Barker do it and it works depending on what and how you play
"Slaughter and Salvation, we bore two irreconcilable focuses."

"We dare speak the word, King Of Those Who Know."
phil-drummer
session drummer
session drummer

Post Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:31 pm

i wud typically hav 2 toms over the right bass drum,

ill try two on the left, but it leaves my hi hats to far away,

im wonder whether to place my toms ( l-r ) 12",13" 10" , bit like derek roddys old setup, OR jus shovin my ride to the left , n try sum open hand stuff

but ill grab myself a camera over the week n try various set ups n get u sum pics.