first time ordering

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

custom_sticks
drumming adept
drumming adept
Location: trapped in my girlfriend's bass drum, scared and alone. oh, and upper indiana.

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:12 pm

considering being adopted into the saluda family (haha meinldude69) and i've never ordered a custom cymbal. so idk. help me out guys.
thanks
Joezeppi wrote:I can see how people would bash you for using gloves, kind of like a quarterback that wears gloves, he just looks like Michael Jackson out there, and we all know Michael Jackson likes young boys.
kplante069
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:59 pm

Ya gotta give up some info. :P What are ya looking for. What do you have? If you are really interested in Saluda you should contact Jamie through the Saluda site. Tell him what you want, what you have & he'll work with you to figure out what you want.
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:30 pm

my advice...you're not ready for a custom cymbal. we have no idea what you play, what you like, how you play, or what sound you're looking for. if you can't give us any of those then the best we can do is suggest what we like, and that really gets you nowhere.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
Potatoe Snack
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:20 am

anavrinIV wrote:my advice...you're not ready for a custom cymbal. we have no idea what you play, what you like, how you play, or what sound you're looking for. if you can't give us any of those then the best we can do is suggest what we like, and that really gets you nowhere.

well thats really a pessimistic way of looking at things, dont you think?

there is hidden somewhere in this forum lists of the types of saluda cymbals and some characteristics of each one. id suggest going back through some old posts and finding one. it was never officially posted or stickied (damn maybe it was, ive never looked) but people stopped posting it cause everyone still asked the same questions.
there was a time where every post about saluda ended up in "just get the mist x"
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:47 am

Potatoe Snack wrote:
anavrinIV wrote:my advice...you're not ready for a custom cymbal. we have no idea what you play, what you like, how you play, or what sound you're looking for. if you can't give us any of those then the best we can do is suggest what we like, and that really gets you nowhere.

well thats really a pessimistic way of looking at things, dont you think?

there is hidden somewhere in this forum lists of the types of saluda cymbals and some characteristics of each one. id suggest going back through some old posts and finding one. it was never officially posted or stickied (damn maybe it was, ive never looked) but people stopped posting it cause everyone still asked the same questions.
there was a time where every post about saluda ended up in "just get the mist x"

saluda has 9 full lines of cymbals, each with many options for each cymbal, and that's before customizing them to your liking. if he had said "I need a new car, help me out" the first question would have been "what do you need in your car?" because without further information we have no idea what would suit his needs, and if he can't give us anything else then he shouldn't be getting that new car because there's a large possibility that he'll end up wasting his money. the same can be said about a new cymbal. I fully support saluda and would gladly tell this guy to order from them when he's ready but I don't want him to spend money on a cymbal, not like it because it's not at all what he wants or needs, then complain that the company is bad because of his own bad decision. I've seen it happen and I don't want to see it again, from any company. if he can give us more information as to what he's looking for I will gladly point him in the right direction. if he can't I stick by what I said.
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
Potatoe Snack
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:37 pm

of course, no one wants to see anybody waste money on a cymbal they dont want. although hes obviously interested in trying out this company, so why chase him off due to lack of details? and ordering from saluda is waaay different from ordering something from sabian or zildjian.

custom_sticks, go to drumgearonline.com, find the type of cymbal you're interested in, it'll give you options (depending on the line) for things like weight, etc. any other requests, email them and it gets worked out very easily.

its like that shop where you get to stuff your own teddy bear :D
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:33 pm

Potatoe Snack wrote:of course, no one wants to see anybody waste money on a cymbal they dont want. although hes obviously interested in trying out this company, so why chase him off due to lack of details? and ordering from saluda is waaay different from ordering something from sabian or zildjian.

custom_sticks, go to drumgearonline.com, find the type of cymbal you're interested in, it'll give you options (depending on the line) for things like weight, etc. any other requests, email them and it gets worked out very easily.

I don't want to chase him off, I want him to make an informed decision, with our help if he needs it but right now I can't help him. maybe he could reply and give a few more details...that would be helpful.
Potatoe Snack
groove master
groove master

Post Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:35 pm

anavrinIV wrote:
Potatoe Snack wrote:of course, no one wants to see anybody waste money on a cymbal they dont want. although hes obviously interested in trying out this company, so why chase him off due to lack of details? and ordering from saluda is waaay different from ordering something from sabian or zildjian.

I don't want to chase him off, I want him to make an informed decision, with our help if he needs it but right now I can't help him. maybe he could reply and give a few more details...that would be helpful.

wont argue that, lol.
custom_sticks
drumming adept
drumming adept
Location: trapped in my girlfriend's bass drum, scared and alone. oh, and upper indiana.

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:36 pm

oh yeah, deff. and im just looking at my options for when i have the income, anavrin. i mean, im doig the drumgearonline thing, cause i want a 16 inch crashy. that sounds kinda warm and dry, but still crashy. not too long of a resonance, just something i can nail, it crashes, and doesn't "hang around too long" lol.
Joezeppi wrote:I can see how people would bash you for using gloves, kind of like a quarterback that wears gloves, he just looks like Michael Jackson out there, and we all know Michael Jackson likes young boys.
custom_sticks
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:41 pm

can you trade with jaime? or combo of trade and money? cause looking off their site, im thinking i want a 16 or 17 black mist crash.
MrPowerRide
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:57 pm

custom_sticks wrote:can you trade with jaime? or combo of trade and money? cause looking off their site, im thinking i want a 16 or 17 black mist crash.
jaime is pretty flexible. he will trade and do both. i'm working on a trade with him right now that will land me an entire set of mistx saluda pies. can't wait.
Paiste Cymbals and Pearl Drums
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:25 pm

as I was reading your description I was thinking that a black mist crash might be your best bet, or Ion V if you wanted something a little trashier. jamie does trades but I've found that if you're tight for cash they're not always the best way to go. I was looking at trading in my paiste 2002 sound edge hihats for a set of diamond/black mist hats but I ended up not doing it because he was essentially offering me just over $100 for my hats and I thought that they were worth more than that. they've grown on me again though so I plan on keeping them...such is cymbal tastes for me.
custom_sticks
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:55 pm

ok, now im a little more "assured" i guess you could say, cause anavrin, a black mist crash was what i was looking at.
custom_sticks
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:59 pm

cause i warped my 16" meinl mcs crash, and i dont want that to happen if i buy one of these beautiful cymbals.