most explosiove chinese

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Re: most explosiove chinese

Postby metldrummer2112 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:59 am

Zildjian Oriental Trash China. I own the 18" and it's great, loud, explosive and trashy
"Slaughter and Salvation, we bore two irreconcilable focuses."

"We dare speak the word, King Of Those Who Know."
metldrummer2112
groove master
groove master

Help our forum grow and visit our sponsors pages!

Help DML grow and visit pages on left!

Postby dannycareyisgod » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:36 am

I prefer the Zildjian K Custom Dark Hybrid, but that's hella expensive! :x
Gretsch Catalina Maple-------> 22" x 18" bass, 10" x 8" and 12" x 9" toms, 14" x 14" floor tom, 16" x 16" floor tom, 6" x 14" snare.

Zildjian A Customs-------> 20" ride, 16" crash, 18" fast crash, 14" hi-hats.
dannycareyisgod
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby sildniks » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:30 am

dannycareyisgod wrote:I prefer the Zildjian K Custom Dark Hybrid, but that's hella expensive! :x

I just found my next cymbal! :)
sildniks
beginner
beginner

Postby b b253 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:08 pm

Sabian B8 18" china is very loud...
Pulse double bass kit
Mapex M birch 5 peice kit
Mapex steel 10 by 5.5 side snare
Sabian xs20 cymbals
Zildjian Avedis
Tama hardware
Remo heads
Regal tip =)
http://www.myspace.com/thedrummerboyoftheworld
b b253
groove master
groove master

Postby fullmetaldrummer87 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:27 pm

I've had nothing but bad luck with Wuhan chinas. I'd destroy one at least every 8 months, not that I'm a hard basher or anything.

I got a discontinued 16" LP Rancan china from Ebay last Christmas 2007 for like 30 bucks. That thing sounded killer and cut through clear as a bell! Loud! It cracked about 4 months ago and I ended up losing a chunk out of the edge. I think it got stepped on in my cymbal bag or something landed on it. Bummed me out.

After I decommissioned my Rancan, I found a Zildjian Oriental Trash 16" for $75. Not even kidding! It was used, but nothing more than some finger prints on it. It's in great, almost new condition. And it's what I still use currently. Sounds great and cuts through!

I dread the day that thing cracks.
fullmetaldrummer87
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby metldrummer2112 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:36 am

fullmetaldrummer87 wrote:I've had nothing but bad luck with Wuhan chinas. I'd destroy one at least every 8 months, not that I'm a hard basher or anything.

I got a discontinued 16" LP Rancan china from Ebay last Christmas 2007 for like 30 bucks. That thing sounded killer and cut through clear as a bell! Loud! It cracked about 4 months ago and I ended up losing a chunk out of the edge. I think it got stepped on in my cymbal bag or something landed on it. Bummed me out.

After I decommissioned my Rancan, I found a Zildjian Oriental Trash 16" for $75. Not even kidding! It was used, but nothing more than some finger prints on it. It's in great, almost new condition. And it's what I still use currently. Sounds great and cuts through!

I dread the day that thing cracks.

Get Aquarian cymbal springs, that should stop the cracking unless it's just bad technique

Oh, and the point of Wuhans is that they're cheap and they will crack. Traditional chinas sound better with cracks in them anyway
"Slaughter and Salvation, we bore two irreconcilable focuses."

"We dare speak the word, King Of Those Who Know."
metldrummer2112
groove master
groove master

Postby fullmetaldrummer87 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:52 pm

It wasn't neccesarily due to bad technique, as I said, I'm not really a basher and I use proper technique. I just had bad luck with Wuhans.

Some chinas do sound cooler with cracks in them, as I have experienced, but then those cracks spread and in the end, it ends up sounding like garbage.

I have thought about the Aquarian cymbal springs. I played a kit with some on it and found they were too stiff. Maybe they were the extra stiff ones.
fullmetaldrummer87
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby wmpdrummer13 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:19 am

I have an 18 inch Wuhan with rivets in it, i love it! Go with Wuhan, if there is one thing they know how do its chinas. Cant go wrong with a 50$ cymbal too.

Tama Rockstar Custom, Zildjian A Customs and A series cymbals, Paiste, Sabian, Wuhan, Promark Japanese Oak, Remo and Evans Heads, DW hardware, Pearl Icon Rack, DW 8002 pedals
wmpdrummer13
drumming adept
drumming adept

Postby Brian L » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:37 pm

shine.fm-youth wrote:
Brian L wrote:i know ur probably looking for a bigger china, but the only one i have ever had was a 12 inch wuhan. it only sounded good with guitars in my opinion. but it was only 12 dollars. do the math. break up once a week if u wanted. :shock:

sounded good with guitars?

sorry but i don't understand that statement...

the china cymbal sounded good while i was jamming with my band...they had guitars naturally, so it sounded good while the guitars were playing...didnt care for it much when i jammed by myself...so, again...the china sounded good with guitars, ehh? :lol:
2008 Pearl Forum(black)
Ddrum s2 maple snare(black fade)
Remo Coated Emperor snare head
Remo Pinstripes
Evans Emad 2
Tama Road Pro Pedals
Zildjian crashes
Sabian high hat and ride
PDP/Pearl hardware
Brian L
drumming adept
drumming adept