Looking for the darkest ride

Where to buy, how to cleaning etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Gianpiero
beginner
beginner

Post Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:39 pm

hi everyone well i have some money saved & i'm looking for my second ride, the darkest ride but not too thrashy, lots of sustain, vintage, jazz ride 20 or 22
i already have an AAX metal ride so i want the oposite... don't care about the brand, only the sound.
so plz give me an advice :lol:
anavrinIV
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:09 pm

go to cymbalsonly.com and talk to tony (I believe is his name) and see what he suggests. check out some istanbuls and bosphorus and see what suits you. they should be some of the darkest out there. also, look at trx, soultone, masterwork, and dream (from what I hear you can get some beauties from them).
zen_drummer wrote:Real life doesn't work that way, and one day he's gonna pull a stunt like that and they'll put a cap in him. At that point it won't matter that he was fat in high-school and couldn't get laid.
Edge3591
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:33 pm

I have a Zildjian K custom 22" Dark ride. It's washy and dark. Couldn't say it's the darkest ride ever.. but it's very dark.
rufus4dagruv
groove master
groove master

Post Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:04 pm

anavrinIV wrote:go to cymbalsonly.com and talk to tony (I believe is his name) and see what he suggests. check out some istanbuls and bosphorus and see what suits you. they should be some of the darkest out there. also, look at trx, soultone, masterwork, and dream (from what I hear you can get some beauties from them).

Agreed. Tony will steer you in the right direction, probably a thin Bosphorus Turk or possibly an Agop Traditional if you want some more trash.
Albi_Poland
drumming adept
drumming adept

Post Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:34 am

I think everybody'll tell you, and probalby everybody told you - Bosphorus or Istanbul. Otherwise, you can find a very dark ride cymbal in Zilidjian's K series.
Gianpiero
beginner
beginner

Post Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:42 pm

Thanks! well i don't live in usa... so it'll be a kinda difficult to meet "tony" :P
anyway i tried the K's & K custom rides at my local shop & i find them not enought dark for me... I tried the regular K 20, K dark 22, K custom dark 20 & 22, etc
I was looking some meinl byzance... thoses are very awesome! & these bosphorus to!!
but i don't trust the internet samples... :?